ZOEKEN

THEMA'S >FORUMS UK/US> GENERAL DISCUSSION > Inpulse 500 keylock and free buttons ?
Terug naar de onderwerpen BEANTWOORDEN

Inpulse 500 keylock and free buttons ?

gontie

10 Berichten
Gepost op 03/23/21 aan 13:45:39
France
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • Serato
Hello,

I am intersted in the Inpulse 500 but i think to have read somewhere that there is a combination for the pitch lenght.

Has anyone also found a workaround with some not used buttons/keys to map Keylock with Serato ?

The Inpulse 500 is really interesting me but having some answers on these questions will help to decide whether to buy or not.

User Experience Team

1523 Berichten
Gepost op 03/24/21 aan 12:11:41
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Serato
  • Traktor
Hello Gontie,

1) To change the tempo fader length, in Serato DJ Lite/Pro, press on Shift+Quant, you switch between +/- 8%, +/-16% and +/- 50%.
To change the tempo fader centre without changing the tempo scale in Serato DJ Lite/Pro, activate the Sync on the deck, and press Shift while moving the pitch fader. With that feature, you can reach far away tempo while keeping a +/-8% tempo (for example, you can move at +16%/0%).

2) If you look for non used buttons on DJC Inpulse 500, you may try to assign a command on Shift+Slip.

3) It would be simpler if you could complete your  your technical information in My Space > My Profile).
For any technical questions, please complete your technical profile
- in "Hercules Equipment In Use", select DJControl Inpulse 500
- in "Software In Use", check the name(s) of your DJ software
- in "Describe your equipment", describe your computer
  • brand and model
  • CPU
  • RAM
  • Type of USB port
  • Environment (Eg. Window 10 64-bit)
  • version of DJ software (Eg. Djuced 5.1.3)
  • version of DJ driver (Eg. 2020_HDJS_1)

gontie

10 Berichten
Gepost op 03/24/21 aan 13:41:45
France
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • Serato
Hello User Experienced Team, Thanks for the reply.

That mapping could not be found in the Inpulse 500 Manual, so thanks for that information.

I never do a manual loop so i could use loop in and loop out buttons for the keylock buttons.

I don't remember where but i've seen some people found a better optimisation for the effects where they do use the high and low buttons for the Mic as a single effect mapping and they do rempa the filter button for one effect button.

The purpose is to be able to use 2 effects at the same time. Is that possible you think ?

gontie

10 Berichten
Gepost op 03/24/21 aan 14:40:50
France
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • Serato
Also last question, can you we use another soundcard with Djuced ? I have a very good external soundcard would prefer to use that one.

User Experience Team

1523 Berichten
Gepost op 03/24/21 aan 15:33:34
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Serato
  • Traktor
Hello Gontie,

Thanks for your fast reply.

1) DJC Inpulse 500 user manual (which can be downloaded from https://support.hercules.com/en/product/djcontrolinpulse500-en/ ) describes the Shift + Quantize mapping on its page 15)
https://ts.hercules.com/download/sound/manuals/DJC_Inpulse500/DJContro l_Inpulse_500_User_Manual_EN.pdf
"Shift+Quantize: in Serato, Shift+Quantize changes the pitch scale (for example:+8%, +16%, +50%)."

2) Your may map what you want on Loop In/Loop Out keys.

3) I use 2 effects at the same time in Serato DJ Pro without any remapping:
- I assign the 1st FX rack to Deck 1 & deck 2, I also assign the 2nd Fx rack to Deck 1 & Deck 2
- I load different effects on 1st FX rack and on 2nd Fx rack, for example LPF as 1st effect on 1st FX rack, and Phaser as 1st effect on 2nd Fx rack

- then, if I activate Fx1 on DJC Inpulse 500, I choose how much LPF I apply with left FX-Filter knob, and how much Phaser I apply with right FX-Filter knob.

gontie

10 Berichten
Gepost op 03/30/21 aan 15:17:30
France
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • Serato
Hello User Experience Team. 

I found a way to enable two effects at the same time. I user the IN/OUT loop buttons to define for which player the FX are effected.

This way i can use both filter knobs for that purpose.

I am trying to map other keys but by default Serato place a white marker. 

Is there any way to know the values for each color ?

User Experience Team

1523 Berichten
Gepost op 03/30/21 aan 19:28:06
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Serato
  • Traktor
Hello Gontie,

1) Sorry to insist, but you should really complete your profile in My Space > My Profile since you may get bad answers from users mistaken on your controller or your software or your operating system.
- in "Hercules Equipment In Use", select DJControl Inpulse 500
- in "Software In Use", check the name(s) of your DJ software
- in "Describe your equipment", describe your computer
  • brand and model
  • CPU
  • RAM
  • Type of USB port
  • Environment (Eg. Window 10 64-bit)
  • version of DJ software (Eg. Djuced 5.1.3)
  • version of DJ driver (Eg. 2020_HDJS_1)
2) Please precise
- what you mean as white marker: how you get it and where you see it (in which field),
- what you mean as the values of each colour: do you mean the MIDI commands to backlight Inpulse 500 pads in a specific color? 

gontie

10 Berichten
Gepost op 03/31/21 aan 08:48:14
France
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • Serato
I done what you asked, let me know if something is missing.

You can for a midi mapping choose the pad colors you desire, it is a value between 0-127.

This value does provide each time another color and sometimes another intensity.

Is there any datamap who is saying which value does provide this color ?

User Experience Team

1523 Berichten
Gepost op 03/31/21 aan 14:48:36
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Serato
  • Traktor
Hello,

I have sent you an invitation on the internal messaging system, please 
1) accept it on https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/friends/
2) and send me a private email with this message.

gontie

10 Berichten
Gepost op 04/07/21 aan 11:54:30
France
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • Serato
Huge Thanks user experience Team for the file.

I've been using the Inpulse 500 for some time now and it does ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, manual beatmaching totally possible, just mapped my pitch bend buttons as i prefer to beatmatch that way. The touch and feel is also great, remind me the vestax mixers.

The sound coming out is WONDERFULL, beautifull,wide and good basses. My previous controllers where missing this a lot.

The only thing that is missing is a slighter louder output, even my laptop jack output is 6db louder ;)

Has anyone an idea of workaround for this ? Are you using a mixer our anything that could amplify the ouput ? I've loved to found a hardware device that is converting RCA output to XLR and having the possibility to add more gain to the ouput but haven't found it for the moment.

User Experience Team

1523 Berichten
Gepost op 04/08/21 aan 15:13:21
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Serato
  • Traktor
Hello Gontie,

1) You are welcome for the MIDI commands list. 

2) DJC I 500 is USB bus powered, so powering controls, LEDs and built-in DSP without adding an external power supply has limited the master output level, it is loud enough if you connect it on unbalanced speakers, but it may be short if you connect it on balanced speakers as you lose 6dB.
To get a louder master output adequate for balanced speakers, you need an external pre-amplifier with a power source:
- cheap mixers with balanced outputs may make you loose a part of the audio quality,
- good mixers with balanced outputs should be OK,
- if you have no mixer, a line level converter, transforming unbalanced into balanced signal, which has a power adapter (avoid passive DI Box, it will not add preamplification), should be OK, as the Art CleanBox Pro.
https://www.thomann.de/fr/art_cleanbox_pro.htm