inpulse 500 aux-in ...

Notifications
Clear all

inpulse 500 aux-in supply

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

can i use a 5v-phone-charger as a supply to use the aux-in as a backup in case the laptop dies?
it worked but the vegas-mode shows up repeatedly every 10 seconds. is that a problem for the durability of the controller?

Hello DJ Woof,

Welcome to the forum.

I do not fully see  how you switch to the 5-volt phone charger if the laptop "dies", but, if your charger can deliver 0,5A (or more) at 5 volt, it is not a problem for the durability of the controller, since the vegas mode can last for years. 

Topic starter

Thanks for the answer. The case is If the laptop is completely dead, the USB supply wouldnt work too. Then it's good to have a backup and use the Aux-In with a phone charger to supply the controller. As I said before it works well, even when the Vegas-mode comes up.
I think the reason why the Vegas-mode shows up is because there are obviously no datas coming out of the charger and the controller is frequently looking for datas coming in.

Hello DJ Woof,

I understand but if your laptop dies while you are DJing, when you unplug the USB, the controller stops, and you need to unplug it the time to connect from the laptop to the USB charger.
In my opinion, if you are afraid of an issue on the laptop, you may connect a USB hub powered by a power adapter between the computer and the DJ controller, so that the DJ controller is not dependent of the computer (but of course, depending on the way the computer crashes, it may also have an impact on the DJ controller).