Notifications
Clear all

playlist gone

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello fellow music enthusiasts!

im losing patience with djuiced. i need help desperately. for now i am only streaming sets live on twitch, but plan to do reallife gigs aswell. i need a reliable software backing me up. djuiced doesnt seem to be it.
i use several playlists as a song pool, sorted by genre and put into personal tierlists. 2 playlists of my 15+ playlists jsut emptied themselves. while being live. this sets me back hours! it was a lot of work setting it up... what can i do? what could have been the cause? i am devastated, i wanna cry. can someone help me, or explain what potentially happened?

greetings, dj loomy

Topic starter

Hi DjLoomy. We had the same idea to post here. I may be able to give support from an IT perspecive. Need to see if we can get some technical information here.

Topic starter

For anyone who can assist. We managed to find a file called DJUCED_8.back. I've installed DJuced on another PC and have renamed the DJUCED.db to DJUCED.bd.old and then renamed DJUCED_8.back to DJUCED.db. Techincaly this should replace the original database with the backup. When I open DJuced, I see the full song library listed which is great, but I don't see any of the Playlists. Are the playists not saved in the database? If not, is there another file where the palyists are backed up? Any assistance would be much apreciated.

Hello DJLoomy

It is difficult to guess what occured, please precise whether the tracks of your playlist are stored locally on your computer hard disk, and which version of Djuced you use.

In Djuced, you can export playlists (select the playlist > export : the M3u file is saved in C:\User\Documents\DJUCED\Playlist) and that is the way to transfer a playlist from 1 computer to another .

Topic starter

Hello there!
The files are stored on my pc´s SSD. Havent been moved either and were still present and usable only 2 specific playlists basically emptied themselves while Dj-ing in a live stream. I wasnt even playing a track from the list when I noticed the issue. Both lists emptied except for one song (in one case a song i was playing that evening)
I went through the tedious process of redoing the lists manually (talking about 700+ Songs...) Im aware of the export feature, and I use it now on a regular basis. It is just a shame that the software doesn´t automatically create backup files of your playlists (acrutial part for Dj´s imo). Definitely a feature many Dj´s would benefit from. 

is there a one click solution for exporting, or do i need to always manually export list for list?

I also never got help for the relocating issue, when moving a file to a different folder. I can relocate the file itsself just fine. It doesnt work for the playlist file though, which then brings me back to the tedious process of manually adding the Songs back to my playlists. 

Keep up the otherwise great work!

Hello Loomy,

Thanks for the piece of info.

- Do you know if the songs which disappeared from the 2 playlists remained in other playlists or whether these songs were not in other playlists? (I wonder whether the disappearance issue is also due to the songs or only due to the playlists).
- Are the songs which disappeared in your own user folder (as Users> YourName > Music) or are they stored in a folder assigned to someone else or are they stored in an area assigned to nobody?

I had precised how to export playlists in m3u format for Ankstvox who duplicated the Djuced database for another computer and was wondering how to get the playlists in the second computer.  

I see you do not get an efficient help on the relocating issue, but unless Djuced team can duplicate your issue, I do not see how they may solve it.

Topic starter

Hey!

My music is stored on my desktop. Music>genre>Artist>LP>Song.Never had any issues with playing files in general. It is just the wonky business with my playlists that keep me from ever making progress with sorting my audio library.

And believe it or not, it HAPPENED AGAIN JUST NOW! 2/3 of a playlist is just gone, without being able to see any history anywhere. And some of the songs tha tI remembered that were in there are still present in other playlists and work perfectly. Obviously I do not remember every single song of roughly 300 Songs that vanished. There is no pattern. Just random bands that are gone. Not even the first x letters of the alphabet or any other pattern. 

The Songs are just fine on desktop. Haven´t been removed or anything. Play fine in both external player and Djuiced. They are just missing from the playlists

And the worst: I imported my exported save file of the list I did some days ago, and it is missing the same amount. What is the point of exporting if it just syncs (apparently), even with a new name?

I hope you understand my frustration. I wasted a whole weekend fixing what Djuced broke, taking one step forward, just to make 2 steps backwards again...

Hello,

Do you mean the songs do no appear when you import the m3u playlists?
If yes, can you try importing the m3u playlist in Windows Media Player and check if the disappeared songs are still there?

Topic starter

I went the distance and made exports of my playlists for both my main pc (in the default folder) and for my external hdd like 2 weeks ago. The playlist randomly, without any pattern or logic, deleted roughly 650 of my 700 Songs. Like I said, no pattern. Not specific bands, or files I added on a specific date. Not in a specific alphabetical order.
When I import my exported copies (that I haven´t touched after exporting) the same issue occurs. Both the copy in my default folder and the one on my hdd show 50 Songs only. The same ones that are in the original PL within Djuced. How is that possible that even my file on the external HDD got altered? It doesn´t even show that it has been edited in the time frame after exporting. And again, I haven´t changed file paths of my library either

So I haven´t checked the playlist with a media player, but opened it with a editor. It only showed the 50 Songs that were left. Even in the copies I made to save my progress, that was supposed to prevent losing a lot of hours AGAIN

It gets better!

A friend of mine who commented in this forum aswell had a copy of the playlist export in question, that I sent him 2 weeks ago. He sent it and it showed all the Songs I had in there before the random bug, EXCEPT for the 50 that are left in the buggy one. This all makes no sense. It seems Djuced alters the playlists without any input and without showing a history anywhere, neither in the software nor in the database. So it even altered the 2 week old one sent to me by my friend

I found some people on reddt etc. who have issues with relocating, Audio library and playlists aswell. It certainly seems to be a major bug within your software and makes it unusable for me and any other Dj who relies on Playlists / Song pools for potential gigs. At this point I am not even sure where to store my exports, since it might get altered by Djuced again (we are talking about HOURS and HOURS of week. roughly 5000 Songs categorized)

Thank you for your help regardless

Greetings, Loomy

Hello Loomy,

Thanks for the feedback.
I have sent you an invitation on  https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/friends/

Please
- accept it,
- upload the 2 versions of the playlist (the version with 650 tracks and the version with 50 tracks) on a temporary file transfer host (as  https://wetransfer.com /)
- and send me the address of these files in the private messaging area of the forum, 
so that I transfer them to Djuced team and they study the files to try to understand what occured.

Remark: Djuced is not my software, I am not part of Djuced team, I use any DJ software as Djuced, Serato, VirtualDJ, djay Pro, Traktor Pro, Mixxx, Live, PCDJ, ...

Topic starter

Helllo there!

I don´t have the files anymore, sicne I am scared it auto syncs again messing up everything. I combined them to use it again.

The playlist trouble is still my biggest concern. Sometimes I spin tracks I added through explorer, instead of my playlist. Sometimes they do add themselves randomly into on of my playlists!

And could you PLEASE forward to the devs to implement a relocate feature for playlists? I am in the process of setting up a dedicated dj laptop, that will be used for dj-ing RLR and twitch only. Nothing else. I successfully can implement the database and relocate all my tracks,
HOWEVER, this doesn´t apply for the playlist. 8000+ playlist tracks that won´t get relocated. Why is there not a feature to right click>relocate tracks in playlists? Im not a software developer, but I think it should be no problem, if the mp3 files are not renamed?

I tried to relocate manually within a PL. right click a track>relocate>tedious process of finding the exact file path
It makes the file work for a bit and then it shows as "file path xxx does not exist. Not that I would want to manually relocate 8k+ tracks by hand. Just wanted to löet you know that not even manually relocating works.
We are talking about a brand new laptop that has nothing but Djuced, hooked up inpulse 500 +  downloaded dedicated ASIO driver.
There can´t be anything interfering, something I hoped would be the problem with my main PC. It´s clearly software sided

Sorry but how can this not be on the priority list of the devs? How can I get my exported playlists to work without going into editor to change the file path manually for 8k+ tracks?
Additional info: Relocating through library shows the 8000 files missing, without any chance tor elocate them (the playlist files obviously)