RECHERCHER

THÈMES >FORUM UK/US> FIRST STEP IN COMPUTER DJING > hercules dj control mp3 e2 doesnt get recognized by traktor
revenir aux sujets RÉPONDRE

hercules dj control mp3 e2 doesnt get recognized by traktor

dismal14

3 Messages
Posté le 12/02/20 à 16:54:16
Romania
hello, im having issues with this controller trying to get it to work. it works on my pc (windows 10 64 bit), but when i tried to make it work on my girlfriends laptop (asus tuf gaming fx505dt, windows 10 64 bit, only usb3.0 ports) it doesnt work. when i install the drivers it doesnt prompt me to plug in the device, nor do the drivers appear in device manager. the black disc is present but with an X, the controller while plugged in has the hercules logo lit up. ive tried uninstalling the usb 3.0 drivers, and installing the drivers manually as the controller does appear in device manager once plugged in, but as an usb composite device, with the following error
This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.
if i try to install the drivers manually for the device it says the drivers are not compatible, and maybe the drivers arent 64bit compatible.
any advice on what i should do? i had trouble with the controller on her older laptop as well, but i figured it out somehow, but i cant remember what i did back then. thanks in advance.

dismal14

3 Messages
Posté le 12/02/20 à 17:00:07
Romania
i have just read the other thread with a similar problem with mine, regarding the amd usb 3.10 host controller, which is what i have, has any fix been found? or does she have to sell the controller for one that works on the laptop. its a brand new one, and changing it just for this controller to work is definetly not worth it.

User Experience Team

1664 Messages
Posté le 12/02/20 à 19:51:17
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Serato
  • Traktor
Hello Dismal14,

A) Sorry, the incompatibility between DJ Control MP3 e2 and the AMD USB 3 host is not fixed and cannot be fixed:
  • DJ Control MP3 e2 does not respect a standard of today's USB enumeration, so the AMD USB 3 host refuses to enumerate it. DJ Control MP3 e2 was released long before USB 3. The string causing this issue is built-in the DJ controller, not in a driver, so it cannot be updated.
  • AMD follows a USB 3 standard in not enumerating the DJ controller, even if all USB 3 hosts from other manufacturers Hercules tested ( Intel, Via, NEC-Renesas, ASMedia, Fresco, Texas....) have no such incompatibility issue with DJControl MP3 e2. I found a PC with the AMD USB 3 host and I could duplicate this non-detection issue with some old USB keys, with 2 card readers, and with a Canon scanner. 
B) But can you try on all USB ports as there may be 2 USB hosts on the computer, and so if the computer has another USB host in addition to AMD USB 3 host, it should work on another USB port.
On the manual I find on one laptop Asus Tuf Gaming FX505DT, here, I see 2 USB 3 ports and 1 USB 2 port, but I know there are several models calle TUF Gaming FX505DT.

dismal14

3 Messages
Posté le 12/02/20 à 21:20:58
Romania
i think it does only have 2 usb 3.10 slots and one 2.0, but the drivers still dont appear in device manager in any form, and neither does it ask me to plug in the device after installing the drivers (having tried a few times), so it wouldnt have any effect trying to plug it into other slots anyhow. for now we've given up. (tested hardware after i posted this on my pc and it worked flawlessly, so deffinetly a problem with her laptop), thank you for the swift response though, we will take her old laptop for new years eve mixing, which is probably a better idea  than taking her new expensive laptop where mistakes can happen lol, have a good one, cheers.

Oliwia

1 Messages
Posté le 12/20/20 à 23:21:55
Poland
dupa

User Experience Team

1664 Messages
Posté le 02/02/21 à 09:50:59
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx