Notifications
Clear all

inpulse 500 gold edition tight jog wheels

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi,

a couple of days ago i purchased an inpulse 500 gold edition and right out of the box, i can tell that the jog wheels are extremely tight.  i had already an inpulse 500 (black edition) and i know the jog wheels were very smooth on that controller compared to this new gold edition. 
i did a bit of research and i did what was suggested here in the forum about leaving the controller upside down in 70+ degree room, and that didnt do anything.  
this cant be a software issue abviously as i have taken a video demonstrating the difference in motion between the gold edition and my original all black controller.

i uploaded the video on youtube and not sure if i can share the link here or not but i will paste it and if it violates any forum policies, please remove it. 

https://youtube.com/shorts/smgqnij5vfa?feature=share

please let me know how to go about resolving this.

thank you

Hello AbuelReem,

The process to reduce the friction of the jog wheels requires a disassembling (which Hercules can do) so in my opinion you should ask for a return to company who sold you the DJC Inpulse 500 Gold unit.
The disassembling is not super complicated, but it is safer to let an official repair team do it than to try to do it and maybe fail and damage your controller.   

Topic starter

I greatly appreciate the advice.... my only issue is that i bought this controller from an individual. It came with the box and all the paperwork but there's no way to return it.   Is there a way to go about resolving the issue without having to return the controller?  Can i submit an RMA through Hercules ? I am sure it is still under the manufacture warranty.

thank you for your help

Hello AbuelReem,

Yes, the controller is still under warranty and you can contact Hercules support for the RMA on:
https://support.hercules.com/en/contact-en/
Phone : +1 866 889 5036 from 3:30 PM to 7:30 PM Eastern time on wednesday, thursday, friday

The self repair process (without returning the controller) is only for units which are no longer under warranty (or for countries where returning units is not impossible because of customs or circumstances) as a mistake in the disassembling/assembling may damage the unit, so please contact first Hercules tech support.