hercules dj console...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules dj console mk1 transformation

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i just got an old dj console mk1 off ebay and played around with it for a few days. it seems to be one of the windows versions, and i can only use it on my windows workstation wich is not remote.

i would like to reprogram the eeprom inside it with the mac firmware so i can use it with my portable macbook, but i cannot find the bin file.

Hello RealTheDev,

Welcome to the forum.

A) Regarding what you plan to do, here is a triple warning

1) the eeprom cannot be updated via the DJ Console Mk1 USB port, you need to
- open the DJ Console MK1, locate the printed circuit board of the USB port, and find the eeprom (probaly a 24LC64-E/P from Microchip)
- remove the eeprom from its socket and place it on an eeprom burner, like this one  https://www.amazon.de/-/en/iHaospace-CH341A-EEPROM-Flash-Programmer/dp/B07PQQPS6D/
- burn the firmware bin file on the eeprom burner with a program included in the eeprom burner
- check the eeprom is updated
- reassemble the eeprom on its socket in DJ Console MK1
- close the DJ Console Mk1
and hope it works.

2) After you update the DJ Console Mk1 Mac firmware, do not expect any help afterwards, since I have not this DJ controller so I cannot try anything with it.

3) I doubt it works well on today's Mac (as DJ Console Mk1 Windows does not work well on today's PCs: it does not work on USB 3 ports since Windows 8.1), so I suppose this console has probably problems on USB 3 ports in MacOS.

B) After this warning, if you want to update your DJ Console MK1 Windows firmware into a DJ Console MK1 Mac, I can send you the .Bin file to flash in the eeprom. To get, please accept my invitation here, and send me a private message with the title "DJ Console Mk1 Mac firmware bin file" and a link to this discussion as contents.

Topic starter

Hey! I just wanted to make sure you recieved my message because i have no way of seeing sent messages

Hello RealTheDev,

I have send you the link to the eeprom contents in the private messaging area.
Please download the files withing 7 days as they remain online until April 28th.

Good luck

Topic starter

Thank you so much for the files! 
I will burn them on soon.

Topic starter

Thank you very much! This information is very good for me to learn about the DJ profession.