"set saved loop" an...

Notifications
Clear all

"set saved loop" and hot cues 5-8 via hardware (inpulse 200)

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
hi everybody.
i own an impulse 200 (4 pads only) and i was wondering if there is some key combo for the following functions:
1. set saved loop.
the function that that automatically enables a saved loop once the song arrives at it, right now i only know to enable it by right click over the saved loop hotcue and set it. id really love to have such function through hardware cause id rather use the mouse the least possible.
2. 5-8 hotcues.
almost self-explanatory, having only 4 pads, i need to use the mouse to set the 5º hotcue that i usually use as an introductory loop in most of my music, it would be great to be able to set it via hardware too.
thanks in advance to any help,
cheers.

Hello Bizarro,

Welcome to the forum.

1) To save a CueLoop, when you are in a loop, press on the hot cue pad of an empty hot cue: Djuced saves the loop as a hot cue (Djuced displays the hot Cue as a CueLoop in replacing the left->right colour arrow with a circle arrow).

2) To control hot cues 5 to 8
You have 4 pads & 4 modes, so you must replace an existing pad mode to add this hot cue 5 to 8 mode instead.
Someone else asked for it a short time ago, so there is a mapping with hot cues 5 to 8 replacing the roll mode on

https://we.tl/t-tuNxUu7fwd
To use this mapping: 
1) copy the Hercules DJ Inpulse 200 Hot Cue on Roll.djm file in the folder C:\Program Files\DJUCED\midi
2) run DJUCED 5
3) in DJUCED 5,  go in Settings > Mapping, select "Hercules Inpulse 200 With Hot-Cue on Roll Mode",
4) Click on OK,
And that's it, the new mapping for DJControl Inpulse 200 is loaded.

Topic starter

Hello Bizarro,

Welcome to the forum.

1) To save a CueLoop, when you are in a loop, press on the hot cue pad of an empty hot cue: Djuced saves the loop as a hot cue (Djuced displays the hot Cue as a CueLoop in replacing the left->right colour arrow with a circle arrow).

2) To control hot cues 5 to 8
You have 4 pads & 4 modes, so you must replace an existing pad mode by to add this hot cue 5 to 8 mode instead.
Someone else asked for it a short time ago, so there is a mapping with hot cues 5 to 8 replacing the roll mode on

https://we.tl/t-tuNxUu7fwd
To use this mapping: 
1) copy the Hercules DJ Inpulse 200 Hot Cue on Roll.djm file in the folder C:\Program Files\DJUCED\midi
2) run DJUCED 5
3) in DJUCED 5,  go in Settings > Mapping, select "Hercules Inpulse 200 With Hot-Cue on Roll Mode",
4) Click on OK,
And that's it, the new mapping for DJControl Inpulse 200 is loaded.

Hi!
Thank you very much for your reply. I appreciate it a lot.
Unfortunately, the first question was misunderstood, I'm afraid.
I know how to set saved loops using empty hot cues, that's no problem.
What I'd like to perform via hardware is setting an upcoming saved loop to automatically enter in loop mode in advance, the action that is performed by right clicking with the mouse at the saved loop and click in "Set Saved Loop".
Here is a short video that shows what i mean, in the ~3 second.

Hello Bizarro,

I probably still do not understand your need: DJC Inpulse 200 has keys to control loops
- start a loop =  short press on Loop In key,
- close the loop = short press on Loop Out key,
- half loop length = Shift + Loop In
- double loop length = Shift + Loop Out
- 4-beat loop = long press on Loop In key
- leave the loop = long press on Loop Out key

To snap the loop In on the grid, in Djuced Settings > General, I set Snap on 1.

Once in a loop, press on Hot cue pad to save the Cue-Loop in the hot cue bank.

Topic starter

Hello Bizarro,

I probably still do not understand your need: DJC Inpulse 200 has keys to control loops
- start a loop =  short press on Loop In key,
- close the loop = short press on Loop Out key,
- half loop length = Shift + Loop In
- double loop length = Shift + Loop Out
- 4-beat loop = long press on Loop In key
- leave the loop = long press on Loop Out key

To snap the loop In on the grid, in Djuced Settings > General, I set Snap on 1.

Once in a loop, press on Hot cue pad to save the Cue-Loop in the hot cue bank.

Hi again.
I'll try to elaborate:
Once you save a loop in an empty hot cue, that loop is stored but it won't activate itself when the song arrives at it. The song will continue normally and loop won't take effect if not action taken (pressing the corresponding cue pad).
If you right-click on the saved cue loop and hit "Set saved loop", said loop this time WILL be activated without any other action once the song arrives at it and keep looping until you set it off as usual.
That's the funnction I need, some key combo or whatever from the board itself istead of using the mouse.
Here's another video that shows a bit clearly the difference.