Inpulse200 mapping request for more hot cues

Schwippschwager

5 Messages
Posted on 11/18/22 at 14:21:52
Germany
  • DJControl Inpulse 200
  • Djuced
Hey guys,

I'm searching for a mapping for DJUCED to use more hot cues (8) with the Inpulse200.

Maybe with the same technique as with the samples, press the mode button several times to switch between the pages? As an indicator, the buttons for the hot cues of the second page could flash if hot cues are set. So you could immediately see which page you are on.

Is there something already done by chance or could I somehow do it myself?

Many thanks for your help!

User Experience Team

2079 Messages
Posted on 11/24/22 at 18:49:07
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Serato
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Traktor
Hello Schwppschwager,

If you press several times on a mode button, you activate several times the mode, but you will not enter in a hidden mode (except if the controller is programmed for it).

There are 4 modes of pads on DJControl Inpulse 200 MK2:
- Mode 1 = Hot Cue
- Mode 2 = Loop Roll
- Mode 3 (Shift + Mode 1) = Pad Fx
- Mode 4 (Shift + Mode 2) = Sampler

So if you want to control a second bank of 4 Hot cues, you must sacrifice one pad mode for it: which mode do you sacrifice?

Schwippschwager

5 Messages
Posted on 11/24/22 at 20:08:13
Germany
  • DJControl Inpulse 200
  • Djuced
Hello User Experience Team,

thank you for the reply. 

This choice is very easy for me. I could live well without Loop Roll, because i never use it.

Wouldn't it be theoretically possible to switch through banks by repeatedly pressing the Hot Cue button, just like the Sampler?
Maybe the Pads on the secoond page/bank could flash if a Hot Cue is set, as an indicator of which bank you are in.

However, i will be happy without the Loop Roll.

Thanks for your help!

User Experience Team

2079 Messages
Posted on 11/28/22 at 19:49:40
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Serato
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Traktor
Hello Schwippschwager,

1) OK understood, I will do add the control of hot cue 5 to 8 on pad roll in a Djuced mapping.

2) I do not see what you mean with "like the sampler", please precise what you do on which controller & software to enter in a third mode (added to standard mode and shift mode).
Some Hercules DJ controllers have a 3rd pad (hidden) mode programmed (it must be preprogrammed in the firmware) via a long press or a double press, but each of these modes has a latency backside so Hercules no longer include hidden modes in consumer DJ controllers: the 2 backsides are
- If there is a long press mode, the controllers must wait for the lead-time of a long press to process either a short or a long press, so the user feels a latency when sending a short press command,
- If there is a double press mode, the controller must wait for the lead-time of a double press to process either the single press or the double press, so the user feels a latency when sending a 1-press command.

It still make sense to prepare additional modes on controllers whose users want more functions, but usually users who want more functions want them on large controllers (as DJC Inpulse 500) rather than on small controllers as DJC Inpulse 200.

Schwippschwager

5 Messages
Posted on 11/29/22 at 21:46:19
Germany
  • DJControl Inpulse 200
  • Djuced
Hello User Experience Team,

thanks again for the answer.

What I mean by like the sampler:
I use an Inpulse 200 with the latest Djuced.
By pressing Shift +Roll, I activate the sample mode. If I press Shift +Roll again, I jump to the next page of samples in Djuced. So I can cycle through all four pages of samples. 

I imagined the same with the hot cues.  Without shift, of course.  1x hot cue press for the hot cues 1-4, a second time hot cue press for the hot cues 5-8.  But maybe that's not possible because they aren't displayed on different pages in Djuced?

Hope this makes sense.

And another question:
Is there a way to create my own mapping for Djuced and the Inpulse 200?

Thanks for your help and your work!

User Experience Team

2079 Messages
Posted on 12/01/22 at 20:09:40
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Serato
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Traktor
Hello Schwippschwager,

You can download for 7 days on 
https://we.tl/t-PFmY0CjySP
the mapping for DJControl Inpulse 200 in DJUCED 5 with hot cue 5 to 8 assigned to the pads 1 to 4 in Roll mode.
To use this mapping: 
1) copy the Hercules DJ Inpulse 200 Hot Cue on Roll.djm file in the folder C:\Program Files\DJUCED\midi
2) run DJUCED 5
3) in DJUCED 5,  go in Settings > Mapping, select "Hercules Inpulse 200 With Hot-Cie on Roll Mode",
4) Click on OK,
And that's it, the new mapping for DJControl Inpulse 200 is loaded.
Please confirm if it works or not for you

User Experience Team

2079 Messages
Posted on 12/02/22 at 19:43:04
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Serato
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Traktor
Hello Schwippschwager,

1) About the Shift+Roll again: Djuced function "Move to next page of the sample bank" is a Djuced sampler function (since the sample packs have up to 16 samples, it can be useful on any controller), it is not a mapping (of course, it must bemapped, but first it require the software to include a function: Move to next page of the sampler bank.
There is no similar feature on hot cue as Djuced users who need 8 hot cue can use a DJ controller with 8 pads and it is much more comfortable.

2) About doing your own mapping: you can do what I do, take an xml editor program and update the existing xml or djm mapping files. As there is no menu, it is easier if you are already familiar with MIDI mapping (if you understand the mapping Ableton Live, Traktor Pro, Mixxx, djay Pro or VirtualDJ Pro, then it is very similar).
Djuced Team work on something to make MIDI mapping easier, but I do not know when it may be released.