djuced keeps adding...

Notifications
Clear all

djuced keeps adding analyzed tracks removed from song library when the related album is viewed through djuced explorer

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

setup:
djuced 5.3.3
hercules dj control inpulse 200

issue:
hello. im having an issue where any track that i have previously analized will be added to the song library, after having been removed from the song library by right clicking and selecting file operations > remove, simply by me viewing the related previously analyzed album and/or song(s) through djuced explorer.

in my research i have found that when you analyze tracks djuced tags them with the analysis data. if this is causing the problem how do you remove this analyzed data from the tracks previously analyzed? basically how do you "unanalyze" tracks ?

solutions i have tried to stop them from appearing in song library:
1. using settings > about > delete music database both with and without an app and pc restart
2. manually navigating to documents > djuced and manually deleting djuced.db as well as all djuced.back both with and without an app and pc restart.

please help as i do not need hundereds of songs appearing in the songs library. thank you.

Topic starter

I got the answer from the DJUCED subreddit. It appears as if this is a "feature" and not a bug.

"[–]VictomusicPower Beta Tester 1 point 15 hours ago 

" simply by me viewing the related previously analyzed album and/or song(s) through DJUCED Explorer."

Hi, this is it.

When you browse a folder through DJUCED explorer, DJUCED parses this folder to find audio files it can play, and also add it to the Song Library database, to allow a faster browse/search. (Even if the file was analyzed previously or not, it doesn't matter)."

Hello Hajeil Sounak,

Welcome to the forum.

Please describe precisely:
- your computer configuration in  My Space > My Profile > Describe your equipement (computer and version of Windows or macOS)
- the precise process to duplicate this issue.

On my side (with Djuced 5.3.3, on an iMac 21"5 of 2017 operating in macOS 12.1), I do not duplicate the issue you describe with the following process:
- place 2 MP3 files, place them in a Hercules subfolder of  Macintosh GD > Users > MyName > Music >
- run djuced 5.3.3
- in Djuced Library, click on Finder and go this Hercules subfolder, analyze the 2 tracks
- go in Song library: I can see the 2 tracks
- remove 1 of the 2 tracks

Then, even if I re-analyze the other track, the removed track does not come back in the song library.  

If I use again the Djuced Library > Finder, and scan again the subfolder Hercules, the entire contents of the subfolder is added to the song library, whether I analyze it or not.