djuced for windows ...

Notifications
Clear all

djuced for windows freezing on splash screen

16 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
so im a serato head for over a decade now, who decided to try some other software.  i decided to give djuced a try since its compatible with the hercules impulse 500 that i bought.  the only thing is i cant get djuced to get past the splash screen.   ive installed and uninstalled basically all of the versions and ran into the same result.  a crash at the splash screen where its "loading settings..."  ive searched the interenet for help and really havent found much options.  so as a last resort before i give up on this sofware ive decided to see if anyone here may have a solution to this problem. 
here are the system specs:
os name    microsoft windows 10 pro
version    10.0.19044 build 19044
other os description     not available
os manufacturer    microsoft corporation
system name    djavalanche-pc
system manufacturer    asustek computer inc.
system model    ux31a
system type    x64-based pc
system sku    asus-notebooksku
processor    intel(r) core(tm) i5-3317u cpu @ 1.70ghz, 1701 mhz, 2 core(s), 4 logical processor(s)
bios version/date    american megatrends inc. ux31a.218, 1/31/2013
smbios version    2.7
embedded controller version    255.255
bios mode    legacy
baseboard manufacturer    asustek computer inc.
baseboard product    ux31a
baseboard version    1.0
platform role    mobile
secure boot state    unsupported
pcr7 configuration    binding not possible
windows directory    c:windows
system directory    c:windowssystem32
boot device    deviceharddiskvolume1
locale    united states
hardware abstraction layer    version = "10.0.19041.1566"
user name    djavalanche-pcdj avalanche
time zone    sa western standard time
installed physical memory (ram)    4.00 gb
total physical memory    3.89 gb
available physical memory    474 mb
total virtual memory    9.14 gb
available virtual memory    3.98 gb

My first instinct would be to think something related to the graphic adapter.

If you are using the default drivers installed by Windows 10, you might want to try upgrading to the latest Intel drivers for you adapter.

Topic starter

I took your advice and updated the drivers and still run into the same problem with DJUCED.  It continues to crash/freeze at the splash screen - "Loading settings..."  (The irony in this is I have another laptop exact same model the only difference is the version of Win 10 and DJUCED loads fine on that laptop, however that is not my DJ laptop..)  So back to square 1.  

Topic starter

Hello,

If DJUCED can't pass this "Loading Settings...", it's probably DJUCED can't access the "Config.xml" file located in "Documents/DJUCED" folder of the computer, for any reason I can't explain. (Antivirus blocking something, Users authorizations etc... we never know...)

Just try to :

Open the directory “Documents/DJUCED”
Delete the file “config.xml

Start DJUCED again 

If the "DJUCED" folder doesn't exists in your documents, it is a proof that, for any reason I ignore, DJUCED is not allowed to write in this folder on your system.
Maybe launching DJUCED as administrator can solve this.

I

Hello Avalanche,

After you read Victo's answer and answer to it, I will ask the administrator to update the discussion title into
"Djuced for Windows freezing on splash screen"
since the current title does not fit with forums terms of use: writing a full title in capital letters seems shouting, HELP! is spam-like (forums are made to help, so starting with HELP! is not needed), so it is safer to rephrase the title to prevent a forum management bot from deleting/changing the title.  

Topic starter

@Victo

If DJUCED can't pass this "Loading Settings...", it's probably DJUCED can't access the "Config.xml" file located in "Documents/DJUCED" folder of the computer, for any reason I can't explain. (Antivirus blocking something, Users authorizations etc... we never know...)

Just try to :

Open the directory “Documents/DJUCED”
Delete the file “config.xml
Start DJUCED again
If the "DJUCED" folder doesn't exists in your documents, it is a proof that, for any reason I ignore, DJUCED is not allowed to write in this folder on your system.
Maybe launching DJUCED as administrator can solve this.
I have tried to run the software as administrator and still get the same result.  Also the directory "Documents/DJUCED" is created however it only contains a 1)beatport 2)beatsource and 3)Logs Folder.  There is no config.xml file.  There is no additional antivirus software on the machine.  (Only Windows Defender).  So I can only conclude that for some other reason the necessary files to complete the loading process are not being created.
I
Topic starter

Hello Avalanche,

After you read Victo's answer and answer to it, I will ask the administrator to update the discussion title into
"Djuced for Windows freezing on splash screen"
current title does not fit with forums terms of use: writing a full title in capital letters seems shouting, HELP! is spam-like (forums are made to help, so starting with HELP! is not needed), so it is safer to rephrase the title to prevent a forum management bot from deleting/changing the title

Thank you for catching that.
Topic starter

Hello Avalanche.

This is really a strange behavior. (and not logic in fact...aaaahhhh...Windows....). We never seen this king of "half" authorisation for DJUCED to Work :/

Anyway I would recommend these steps:
- Delete manually the "Documents/DJUCED" folder from the computer
- Uninstall DJUCED from Widows uninstaller process, and check "yes" to delete the preferences files
- Reboot the PC
- ReDownload or Relauch DJUCED setup as "right-clic => Administrator"
- Make a prayer in front of the Windows Gods while installing Tongue Out
- Connect the Inpulse 500
- Launch DJUCED 

Topic starter

Yeah... I just did that and same result.  It's pretty discouraging.  I've installed every other dj software on the machine that you can think off and they all work fine.  However, DJUCED just freezes at the splash screen. 

Topic starter

Just a wild guess, but what anti-malware solution are you using? Or have you configured ransomware protection on your Documents folder? That might explain why Djuced is having troubles accessing its folder there.

Hello Avalanche,

To check if the issue in your computer may come from an incomplete DJUCED installation, can you check the User\Documents\DJUCED folder?

1) After installing Djuced 5.3.3, before running Djuced, the folder \Documents\DJUCED
- total size in 14,025,838 bytes (13.3MB),
- includes only 1 folder, Manuals.

2) After running Djuced 5.3.3 for the first time, the folder Documents\DJUCED
- total size is 15,186,452 bytes (14,4 MB) 
- includes 9 folders

beaport
beatsource
cache
Covers
keyboard
Manuals
midi
Records
Samples

and a file DJUCED.db.
Topic starter
@Sityi I dont have any anti-malware programs on the machine.  The only virus protection is Windows Defender.
@UserExperience Team I can confirm that After installation - total size in 14,025,838 bytes (13.3MB),
- includes only 1 folder, Manuals.
However when I launch the program.  (As administrator) it does not include 9 folders ... It loads a few folders and hangs on the splash screen.
Topic starter
@Sityi I dont have any anti-malware programs on the machine.  The only virus protection is Windows Defender.

Do you have Ransomware protection / Controlled folder access enabled in Defender? If yes, have you tried adding Djuced to the Allow an app through Controlled folder access list?

Topic starter

My Ransomware protection/Controlled Folder is not enabled.   I still get the same problem.

Topic starter

Can you create folders and files in your Documents folder and in the Djuced folder inside?
Also, what other software is running on your PC? I mean such things like GeForce Experience

Topic starter
**UPDATE**
So I ultimately ended up completely formating my drive and reinstalling windows 10.  The first software installed on the fresh OS was DJUCED and now it's working.  It's kind of extreme but it is now working.  Thank you all for your help. 

Hello Avalanche,

It is indeed extreme, but I do it every 18 months since gradually, the operating system is slower and slower.
In macOS, I do it with Time Machine, and when I was a Windows user, I did it with Drive Image.

Page 1 / 2