djucied keeps chang...

Notifications
Clear all

djucied keeps changing bpm on its own. ruins my recordings.

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi, im having a constant battle with this software and probably the impulse 500 too.

the bpm changes on its own without any input from me, the latest one happened 1hr 15mins into a 2hr set recording which absolutely wrecked the recording. 

the big problem is that its not the first time either. after many reloads/reboots and total deletion and reinstall it just keeps happening. 

im really regretting buying this controller and actually thinking of getting rid and moving over to pioneer like i probably should have in the first place just because of the issues im having with it. 

has anyone else had these issues and if so does anyone know of any fixes for it. otherwise ill end up getting a chargeback as it seems that its just not fit for purpose.

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

As you meet a technical problem

A) Please describe your computer DJing configuration in My Space > My Profile

- in "Hercules Equipment In Use", check the name of your controller in the list
- in "Software In Use", check the name(s) of your DJ software,  Djuced
- in "Describe your equipment", describe your computer
  • brand and model (for example iMac Retina 4K 21.5-inch, 2017
  • CPU (for example Core i5, Core i7, M1, M1 Pro..)
  • RAM (for example 16 GB)
  • Type of USB port (for example USB 3.0, USB-C...)
  • Environment (for example macOS 12.1 Monterey or Windows 10 64-bit Version 21H1)
  • version of DJ software (for example Djuced 5.3.3)
  • version of DJ driver (Eg. DJSerie 6.44s or HDJSeries 

As you use a computer peripheral (DJ controller) in a computer program (DJ software) playing computer files (audio tracks), knowing the computer is needed to know which settings must be checked and how they may be checked.

B) Please provide a detailed technical description of the bug.
"Djuced keeps changing BPM on its own
The BPM changes on its own without any input from me, the latest one happened 1hr 15mins into a 2hr set recording which absolutely wrecked the recording. 

The big problem is that it's not the first time either. After many reloads/reboots and total deletion and reinstall it just keeps happening." is a brief summary, but not a detailed description.
A technical description is no only the result, it describes how the bug occurs, and what happened before the bug.

Technical descriptions may be, for example:

- after 1 hour of djing, while I play an MP3 track stored on my hard disc on deck 1 at 120 BPM its default speed, suddenly the tempo fader of the virtual deck 1 moves and the playback BPM changes, while I was not touching the controller or using the computer. Deck 1 is not synchronized, as the Sync mode is disabled.
- I play in automix a full playlist of AAC tracks stored on my hard disk and the BPM gradually changes, while I do not use the tempo fader.

Without the technical description of the bug and of the computer configuration, it is difficult to seek a solution, so the only direction I may suggest for the moment is to check if you disabled the Sync, as the Sync change the BPM on its own, it is made for it.

3) Common tempo issues related to Sync in Djuced

- Pressing on Shift+Sync instead of pressing on Sync, which sets the deck as Tempo master instead of Synchronized deck
https://www.djuced.com/user-manual/#synchronization-area-2

- Playing no track for a few seconds while playing samples: the sample deck becomes the Tempo master and if you do not reset the track as Tempo master, when you play the track, it is synchronized on the sample deck (and even if you do not display the sample deck, it can be the tempo master).

So if you do not use the sampler mode during your mix, the sample deck will not become tempo master, but if you use the sampler, make sure you do not set your tracks as Sync of the sample deck if you do not want it. It is a common mistake as, if you do not display the sample deck but play it anyway, it may become the tempo master of the decks, and you do not see where this tempo comess from if you do not display the sample deck. 

4) DJC Inpulse 500 comes also with Serato DJ Lite, so you have the choice between 2 DJ software, Serato DJ Lite and Djuced.