Notifications
Clear all

djuced recording at higher tempo?

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
hello all,
i have been using djuced with my hercules djcontrol inpulse 500 controller for over a year now and have been loving it. i appreciate the frequent updates to software with fixes and added features and the controller is great. however i have been running into an issue lately that i can not figure out. a lot of my recorded mixes play back at what seems over 200% tempo. i record a mix at regular speed, it sounds good while i am playing. when i listen to the recorded .ogg it sounds like chipmunks. i have gone through settings in djuced and can not figure out why this is happening. has anyone had similar issues? i never had this issue in the past until recently (i think the first example i have was near the end of july).
i hope someone can point me in the right direction. i could probably look into slowing down these recordings to regular speed again but dont want to have to do that everytime. i was looking forward to listening to this mix!
thank you,
dj adam yeates

Hello Legasee,

To know whether the issue is specifically in OGG, can you try also recording in Djuced in uncompressed audio format (WAV) to check whether it is related to OGG on your computer. 

In your profile, please add more informations on your computer and precise your Windows or macOS version. 

Topic starter
Hello,
How do I change the recording file type to .wav? I can not find this option in the settings.
Thank you

Hello Legasee,

When you click on the record button to terminate the recording, the Save the record menu lets you choose between:
- Save = save the recording in .wav
- Save compressed = save the recording in .ogg.

Topic starter
Thank you! I have tried saving in .wav and do not have the fast tempo issue.

Hello Legasee,

Obviously, the issue is either in the OGG codec, either the one istalled by Djuced or an Ogg codec previously installed in the computer.

1) Can you check if recording at another compression rate (go in Djuced > Settings > Record and choose the compression quality) gives the same issue with a X2 playback?

2) If you remember which OGG vorbis codec you installed before, can you trying updating it, or removing it?
Do you remember what you installed when the problem occured?
Have you tried reinstalling DJUCED?