edit beatgrid with ...

Notifications
Clear all

edit beatgrid with changing bpm in the same song

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi, i can’t  figure out how to edit the grid with two different bpm. i know there is a button on traktor where you can adjust from a certain point. im i missing out something ?

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

There are no adaptive beatgrids natively in Traktor:  there is only 1 tempo, 1 beatgrid, for the whole track.
There are adaptive beatgrids (so different BPMs in 1 track) in VirtualDJ, Serato DJ Pro and Rekordbox, but not in Traktor Pro 3.

In Traktor Pro, maybe your refer to Cue grid feature, which lets you restart the grid from different cue points, so that in songs where the beat is lost from time to time, as at the end of each chorus, you set a cue grid at the start of the verse just after, and the beatgrid remains fixed on in that way.
To do it, you find each position where the grid should restart, set a cue point, and in Traktor Cue menu, click on the  ↓CUE menu, get a list
Cue
Fade-In
Fade-Out
Load 
Grid
Loop

Select grid, and that's it. 

Topic starter

Thanks for the reply, I forgot to say Im using Djuced. But I mentioned Traktor as an example. 

So, same thing with Djuced? no adaptive beatgrids?

Hi,

Yes, there is no adaptative beatgrid in Djuced either, so you have only 1 beat from the start to the end of the track.
The way to edit the grid in Djuced is:
1) Click on the deck number,
2) Click on "Edit beat grid"

3) And you enter in grid edition menu, not very different from grid edition menu in Traktor.

There is a video tutorial on beatgrid edition here: 

In general, if I have different BPMs in a track, I assign the beatgrid on the Outro (the end) of the track.
The reason for it is that, when making a transition,
1) one generally applies the tempo changes on the track entering on the mix, so that I manually set the beat of the track intro and I don't focus on its beatgrid, I adjust manually the tempo with my ear (or my eyes) and the fader and the jog wheel 
2) then, after the transition, I move the crossfader to cut the previous track, and I gradually come back to the original speed of the track
3) and at the outro of the track, I keep at its default speed, and I adjust the speed of the new entering track to match this default speed (to have the track displaying the BPM of the outro is more convenient).

Topic starter

Thanks!! Im gonna try it on that way.