djuced eq isolator ...

Notifications
Clear all

djuced eq isolator mapping

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

when are we going to see the djuced eq isolator mapping?

the kill switch being part of the graphical interface is very inconinont when half of my laptop is under the controllers. 

using an inpulse 500 feels really great with djuced, the programe feels very talloired to the controller. but for some of my more hard genres switching sets, i almost have to use serato pro to kill the highs, meds, and lows while just using the controller. 

or can we map it our selfs by putting in a simple  at "0" = kill buttion?

Hello Jimmy,

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for your suggestion but in a test of mapping the kill at the minimum of the EQ there was a click noise between the kill 0 and the start of the EQ rotation, so it was not perfect, so the only solution on the EQ knob would be to change the EQ effect, which is not simply a mapping.

It remains possible to map the kill on a push button.
If I propose to map the kills on pads 6-7-8 (pad 6 kills High / pad 7 kills Mid / pad 8 kills Low),
- on which pad mode can you use the kill and lose the use of these 3 pads (Mode 1 = Hot Cue; 2 = Loop Roll; 3 = Slicer; 4 = Sampler; 5 = TonePlay; 6 = FX; 7 = SlicerLoop; 8 = BeatJump)
- which pad color do you suggest to say Kill is on (I suggest Red)?

Topic starter
Thank you for the reply! 

I was under the impression that DJuced was working on an update to add "EQ kill" to the knobs and was just wondering when that was going to come out or enquire about a workaround. 

The mapping to the pads was a great idea! If it would be possible I think the most underused mode for me at least would be SlicerLoop (mode 7) and it would be great to do keep the functionality of the 1-4 pads on a smaller autoloop (for the slicer to still work) and then remap pads 5-8 to control the EQ.

The "pads 6-7-8 (pad 6 kills High / pad 7 kills Mid / pad 8 kills Low)" sounds like a great plan if that is possible and I would also suggest Red for the color. I was also thinking of the auto Gain button that is a part of the graphical interface. If this could be mapped to pad 5 (with the color green) that would be great! I know starting out I would just press the auto gain button to see where I should start my song at and then adjust off that instead of a song coming in way too loud or way too low (don't use it anymore just when starting out). But it could be a nice "auto" way to set your gain quickly, and use all 4 bottom pads in mode 7.

All of this said, when I get home I will test it but I am pretty sure as soon as you put input into the knobs the Auto gain or EQ kill switch off (which it should). As long as remapping these pads to this function doesn't interfere with that I don't see a reason why not to do this!

Hello Jimmy,

Thanks for your answer and gain suggestion.
I can map the autogain & kills on Pads 5 to 8 on mode 7 but please make sure it is what you want: if you often use another pad mode, in which you use only 4 pads, it may be more convenient for you to
- remain on this pad mode you often use,
- assign the 4 favorite commands of this mode on pads 1 to 4,
- and set autogain and kills on this mode on pads 5 to 8,
as switching to a mode you never use to get kills and autogain is not a problem, but it may be even better to get them on mode you often use if in this mode you usually use only 4 pads.