issue when using fo...

Notifications
Clear all

issue when using focusrite asio drivers

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
hi, i was trying to use my focusrite interface on djuced and found what i think is a bug. when i set djuced 5.1.2  to use the focusrite usb driver, the master meter (the small one above the headphone button) on my impulse 500 stops showing lights while the big meter on the center works just fine. the headphones output is only outputting the cue and the cue/master mix knob basically doesnt work. my speakers which are getting the master output are working fine. if try adding both the headphones and master output to the headphones output on my interface i can hear boht ok, but neither the meter or the mix knob work.
the controller and djuced work just fine when running the controller drivers. the rest of the controller functionlity works fine when running the focusrite driver. im trying to use my interface since i think it has better preamps.

Hello,

What you describe is not a bug, DJControl Inpulse 500 is intended to operate that way.

DJC Inpulse 500 includes a hardware mixer for the external inputs and outputs, which means:
- the external input controls (aux volume & filter & vumeter / mic volume & EQ & vumeter),
- the output controls (headphone volume & Cue-Master / master volume & vumeter)
are processed in hardware on DJC Inpulse 500 inputs & outputs, so if you use another audio interface, these controls are not activated on the other audio hardware.

Hardware mixing main benefit is security: using the audio inputs in hardware (and directing them on the output in hardware) makes it possible to use the external audio input as a back-up.