Notifications
Clear all

jog wheel sensitivity adjustment option

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi there!

is there a way for or can be implemented into djuced an option to adjust the jog wheel sensivity/speed? i use the wheel to forward/rewind within the track, however it feels a bit slow - and if i use it with the shift button, its way too fast. i would greatly appreciate it if this could be implemented - or direct me to where i can adjust this.many thanks in advance.

Hello,

Welcome on the forum.

This jog wheel sensitivity setting is in Djuced Settings > General.
There are 2 settings:

• Scratch sensitivity = jog sensitivity in Vinyl mode
  • Cue sensitivity = jog sensity when Vinyl mode is off. 
Topic starter

... and I thought I looked over the settings thoroughly... Thank you very much!

Hello,

Thanks to you: your suggesting the issue reported on
https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/forum/en-hardware/030945/#bottom
was caused by a 4-pin jack connector on the headphones was really helpful.

In my opinion, you move in the track in vinyl mode, as the move inside the track when vinyl mode is off is not slow at all. 

Topic starter

I got my Inpulse 300 a week ago, so basically I'm just getting my grips on it. Laughing I did a DJ course on Udemy and there the instructor (Ross Palmer) suggested to use the controller in vinyl mode - or at leaast that was my impression. But in that mode search is a bit slow for my taste. I will play with the settings you showed me and I figure out what's best for me.

Regarding the jack connector: I'm glad I could help a bit. 

As you pointed on it, I noticed the Jog wheel Cue sensitivity setting does not work in Djuced 5.0.2, so I reported this to Djuced team and let's see when it is repaired in Djuced release 5.0.3.

Keeping the controller in vinyl mode (even if you do not scratch) makes sense to learn DJing and be ready for any type of platform, turntable, CD/media player or controller. If you disable the vinyl mode, you can move much faster on a controller, but this setting does not exist if you move to a turntable.

Topic starter

I just got home and checked it. Actually the default 50% is fine in cue mode - but I see moving the slider has no effect. I set the vinyl sensitivity to 100% and it seems fine with me, though I would prefer a tad more (I guess around 115% would be the best for me). Well, probably I will just switch between cue and vinyl mode - I'm totally fine with it. I highly doubt I ever will get to something more professional than this. Cool