any vista tweaks

Notifications
Clear all

any vista tweaks

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

has anybody got any good tweaks to get vista running good with your chosen dj software.

i use virtualdj pro 5.1, and at the moment its running good. but i would like to know of a few tweaks.

2 Answers

I dedicated a computer for my audio or video work, so I'll start from there.

- Disable Aero and all of Vista's bells and whistles

Yes, it will make your desktop look like a corporate Windows 2000 , your icons won't be as cool, but that's beside the point. Aero takes so much ressources, you'll be amazed how stuff happen much faster.

- Disable/uninstall any unuseful softwares

Antivirus and the like, just keep the essential. As I said, my computer is dedicated to music, so I don't use it for Internet, my taxes or whatnot, but if this is not your case, disable as much as you can as a lot of applications and their services can interfere with your ressources, memory, etc

You can also take a look at this guide for Win XP optimizations. Most of the stuff also applies to Vista
http://www.audioforums.com/resources/windows-xp-optimization.html

2 Answers
Topic starter

This new laptop is just dedicated to VirtualDJ,

So I've uninstalled all the crap that came on it, disabled UAC, sidebar, windows defender and that windows indexing search thing.

I'm waiting for a guy to get back to me on the VirtualDJ forum on other things that are safe to disable. I will post them here once I've got the list.

2 Answers
Topic starter

i dedicated a computer for my audio or video work, so ill start from there.

- disable aero and all of vistas bells and whistles

yes, it will make your desktop look like a corporate windows 2000 , your icons wont be as cool, but thats beside the point. aero takes so much ressources, youll be amazed how stuff happen much faster.

- disable/uninstall any unuseful softwares

antivirus and the like, just keep the essential. as i said, my computer is dedicated to music, so i dont use it for internet, my taxes or whatnot, but if this is not your case, disable as much as you can as a lot of applications and their services can interfere with your ressources, memory, etc

you can also take a look at this guide for win xp optimizations. most of the stuff also applies to vista
http://www.audioforums.com/resources/windows-xp-optimization.html

Topic starter

this new laptop is just dedicated to virtualdj,

so ive uninstalled all the crap that came on it, disabled uac, sidebar, windows defender and that windows indexing search thing.

im waiting for a guy to get back to me on the virtualdj forum on other things that are safe to disable. i will post them here once ive got the list.