Notifications
Clear all

issues with impulse 500

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello,
ive had my impulse 500 for a couple of months and im starting to regret the purchase:

-the jogwheels are both very tight and they havent loosened up at all. and the sensitivity of them is lacking, they dont work on slight nudges.
-the shift+jogwheel to scan through a track will suddenly stop working on one or both sides and wont engage until i have disconnected and reconnected my device.
-sound on headphones will be very distorted sometimes, i also need to unplug and replug to fix it.
-the jogwheels sometimes get stuck after touching them and the track wont play until i touch again.
-to access the shift modes on the pads i often have to click twice, the mode wont change on the first go

these issues happened on osx monterrey and i have now updated to ventura and i have the same problems. i have a macbook air m2, 16gb of ram and i use it while plugged in so that power supply isnt an issue.
firmware on the controller and djuced are both updated.

i dont know what to do, its my first controller and it has made me not enjoy the process of mixing.
any recommendations?

Hello,

Welcome to the forum

1) a) For tight jogwheels, you should contact Hercules support there. Hercules has no direct phone support in Mexico but you can contact Hercules support via the email system.

1) b) Jog wheels not changing the sound when sending in slight nudges is not a lack of sensitivity, it is a setting on the majority of DJ controllers, CD players and all-in-one DJ stations: under a certain rotation speed, the rotation in pitch bend mode (or the rotation on the edge of the jog wheel) has no impact on music to protect the music from vibrations and unwanted touch: you can check that in vinyl mode, with the finger on the top a the platter,  there is no lack of senstivity in slow rotations.

2) shift+jogwheel to scan through a track will suddenly stop working on one or both sides and won't engage until I have disconnected and reconnected my device.

4) The jogwheels sometimes get 'stuck' after touching them and the track won't play until I touch again.
Is your firmware 1.66?
What you describe could occur on an earlier firmware: Firmware v1.66 solved a problem with the touch on the jogwheel that could stop playing the track while spinning.
You can look at the firmware in Hercule control panel:
go in Applications > DJHERCULESMIX > DJSeries > DJCInpulse 500 > Control Panel>
run DJCInpulse500ControlPanel.app, and check the firmware version at the About tab.
3) Sound on headphones will be very distorted sometimes, I also need to unplug and replug to fix it.

On some computers going in sleep mode, waking up from sleep mode may not properly initialise the audio codec causing audio issues (as distortion or an wrong audio level, it depends on how the computer wakes up).
On computers meeting this issue, the solution is
- either to unplug/replug the USB audio device before using it
- or placing a USB hub with a power supply between the computer USB port and the USB audio device (since the USB hub will power better the USB device at the moment of the computer wakeup, so that the audio code is properly re-initialised.    

5) To access the shift modes on the pads I often have to click twice, the mode won't change on the first go
You have to take your time when you press on Shift+Mode: as there is also a long press feature on the modes keys, the shift+Mode is not ultra fast: it is a mode, it is not an action.