Notifications
Clear all

djc inpulse 500: 2nd deck leds under jog wheel turns off

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello my friends.

sorry the long post but i want to describe the problem the better i can.

i think my controller has some kind of electrical problem but before i send it to the warranty i want to try to get help here. maybe i am doing something wrong.

as described in the message title, the leds under de jog wheel of the 2nd deck turns off out of nothing. i did all the tests i could thought about and still cant figure any pattern. it just turns of. sometimes a few seconds after i start do use the controller, sometimes a few minutes and when i lucky after 10 or 20 minutes.

the controller still works mechanically well, but i cant see any light on the second deck. even the play and cue buttons shut off. any led inside the yellow area (see picture).

i tested different usb ports, different usb cable, even different software (mixxx and serato light) and different computers. its always the same.

when this happens, i used to turn off the usb cable and turn on again. most of the times dont work bur sometimes do.

i feel kind of lost. if i send the controller to warranty, it can happen they connect the controller and everything works apparently fine .

see video

another issue, probably related, is the pads brightness difference between turned on/off is minimum, barely cant see the difference. when one pad is turned off, the led dont turn completely off. i can upload a vídeo showing this behavior.

any thoughts?

v:* {behavior:url(#default#vml);}
o:* {behavior:url(#default#vml);}
w:* {behavior:url(#default#vml);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#vml);}

/* style definitions */
table.msonormaltable
{mso-style-name:"tabela normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0cm;
mso-para-margin-right:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0cm;
line-height:107%;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"calibri",sans-serif;
mso-ascii-font-family:calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-hansi-font-family:calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-bidi-font-family:"times new roman";
mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;
mso-fareast-language:en-us;}

Hello Pernalta,

Welcome to the forum.

Either the component powering deck 2 leds is defective, or the cable going to this component  is not properly connected so you must return your DJ controller for warranty.

Topic starter
Hello,
Thank you for your welcome and help.
I will return the controller for warranty.