Notifications
Clear all

dj4set not working

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
hello,
my hercules dj4set is not working. the only thing that happens when i plug it in is the "mic on" turns green for 1 second, than turns off. in my device manager it says "unknown device"
ive seen some people with the same issue as me but theyre all getting private messages containing the missing bin file, so i cant see it.
my system specs are;
i7 3660
32gb ram
gtx 1050 ti
windows 10 pro

also, what type of eeprom programmer should i get?

Hello djayce,

Welcome to the forum.

There are 2 possibilities:
- either your DJ 4Set firmware was never updated: then it is normal it is not enumerated as it is a known issue with Windows 8.1 / 10 / 11, and, if  you have a mac computer or a Windows computer with Windows 8.0 or before, your DJ4Set may be detected on this other computer, and you can upgrade the firmware on this older computer and afterwards, once the firmware is updated, it can be detected by any computer, even with windows 8.1 and higher USB 3 layer.

- or your DJ4Set had a firmware update crash (in general in updating the firmware on a UBS port whose power is too low) and then you saw the crash.

If you had a firmware crash, you need to rewrite the eeprom firmware with an eeprom programmer.
Eeprom programmers may be the very basic CH341a programmers
https://www.amazon.nl/s?k=ch341a
or higher end programmers for eeproms, the benefit of CH341a programmers is being cheap, but not so easy.

If you are not familiar with eeprom programming, you may simply bring the eeprom and the bin file to an electronic repair stores, and the electronic repair person will reprogram the eeprom for you.

I have sent you an invitation, please accept it on https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/friends/
and send me a private message (the private messaging is open when the invitation is accepted) with 
message title: Request of BIN file for DJ 4Set

Topic starter

Hi, 

Thank you for your answer, would you have the BIN file for me?
Also, if I never updated it on win8, could I still just reset the bin file? So that it would be a "new" device and so I could just update the firmware? On windows 10 btw.

Hello djayce,

DJ4Set BIN file download link is posted in the private message area.
Please download it within 7 days as wetransfer link lasts only 7 days.