impulse 500 deck on...

Notifications
Clear all

impulse 500 deck one play button no workie

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

for the life of me i cannot get the left play button to play the track loaded.. the cue button works but not the play.. the play button lights up but doesnt play. ive tried messing with the jog wheel and does nothing to help the play button. ive unplugged/replugged the controller and have restarted/shutdown boot the pc. no change... any one have similar issue they resolved?
thank you

pierce

Hello Piercedavvy,

Welcome to the forum.

Please confirm if behaves the same way whether:
- the vinyl mode is on or off
- the DJ app is Djuced or Serato Lite.

Topic starter

I've tried it with vinyl mode on and off, and used both serato and juiced same result not working.

Hello Pierceday,

I suppose I misunderstood a sentence.
By "the play button lights up but does not play", did you mean:
1) when you press on Play, the play button light status changes
2) when you press on Play, the play button light status does not change.

Please if, after you click on the left deck play button on the screen,
a) the left deck plays
b) the left deck does not play.

Topic starter

2b, when I press it nothing changes. it doesn't register on the midi input top right gear icon in djuiced.

Hello Pierceday,

Thanks for the answer.

1) Sorry, I must re-ask my question b: when you click on the screen with you mouse on left deck b play button in the DJ software  (so DJControl Inpulse 500 is connected, but I ask you to use the mouse), does it play?
The target of my question is to know whether another setting (vinyle, type of track, brake setting...) prevents the playback or whether the play button on the controller is not sending the play command.

2) If Google Chrome installed on the computer, can you
- close the DJ software,
- run Google Chrome,
- go to midimonitor.com website,
- allow midimonitor to scan your MIDI device, it you are asked to
- and check the commands sent by the left deck play button

It should be
- a Note On #7 velocity 0 on channel 2 when you press the Play key, 
- a Note On #7 velocity 127 on channel 2 when you release the Play key.

If you do not get these values, please test on another computer (PC/Mac) with midimonitor.com website (no need to install DJControl Inpulse 500 drivers, connecting it is enough) and if you get the same result, the key is defective so please contact Hercules technical support ( https://support.hercules.com/en/contact-en/ )