hercules 500 proble...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules 500 problem

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
hello, i am frank and i am new here. i have unfortunately a problem with my dj controller inpulse 500. maybe someone has already had the same problem and knows a solution for it and can possibly help me.
the following problem: i got the controller yesterday and connected the controller to my laptop. before i had installed the required drivers. i did a light test and a sound test with the series tray agent. all without problems. then i was prompted to do a firmware update, which i did. unfortunately, after the firmware update, the controller no longer works. the only thing i can still operate in djuced are the top three buttons: vinyl, slip and quant. everything else does not work. in a light test also only the 3 buttons and the deck numbers light up. the sound test does not work.
has anyone ever had the same problem and can help me?
thanks a lot for your help.
frank

Hello Frank,

Welcome to the forum.
Please open the Hercules DJ control panel, go to the about tab, and precise what you read as firmware and driver version.

Topic starter

Hello, first of all, thank you for helping me.
Here the data:

Topic starter

Paket: 1.HDJS.2022
Firmware: 1.66 TOP 1.39
Treiber : 5.7.7.0
DLL: 0.4.0.0
CPL: 2.2.0.0
REF: N/A

Hello,

1) I have sent you an invitation on My Space > My Friends, please accept it and send me in the private messaging area a message with a link to this discussion.
I want to try a process which is not for the public space.

2) When you did the firmware update, did you get any error message and if yes, which message? 

Topic starter

Dear UX Team,

i have some issues with the standard mapping of Hercules Impulse 500.

The synch is not working properly. It tries jumps always to 101,73 BPM

And the main issue is, that when i fade the channel it also changes the tempo.
Same for Volume fade for A & B. It always also changes the tempo accordingly.
I tried to find the double assignment in the controller mapping. But i could not find any.

I hope there is a fix for that!

Best,
Niklas

Hello niklas,

Welcome to the forum.

For technical questions/issues, please complete your profile in My Space > My Profile
We need you to complete 3 fields: 
- Hercules equipment in use: check DJ controller name(s), 
- Software in use: check DJ software name(s),
- Describe your equipment, write
  • computer brand and model, CPU, RAM, as Microsoft Surface Pro 7+ Core i5-1135G7 2.4 GHz, 8 GB RAM
  • version of Windows or macOS as Windows 11 22H2
  • version of DJConsole Series driver package (as 2023_HDJS_2)
  • USB : as USB type A, or USB-C, or USB Hub (as D-Link DUB-H7 USB hub+power)
  • DJ software version as Djuced 6.0.4.

Without knowing your software, your software version and your operating system, no one may try to duplicate your issue. 

In case your DJ software is Djuced, please read Djuced manual here:
7.2.2 Synchronization area

The Master label in yellow-orange tells which deck is master.
So check what is the Sync Master (and if you want to define a deck a Sync master, you can simply click on this Master label on the deck you want so that it becomes yellow-orange - or press on Shift+Sync on the deck you want to be master your DJControl Inpulse.

As you seem to have a issue in finding which deck is sync master, you should
- first sync off your deck,
- and afterwards check if the volume fader has an impact on the tempo, but then explain it
(as explanation is for example: I load the track "Feel Good Inc." from Gorillaz at 138.52 BPM by default, I load it on deck 1, with tempo fader at the centre, I play it, and with volume min on volume fader, I have the BPM: .... and with volume max on volume fader, I have the BPM:....")