Notifications
Clear all

p32 any replacement due?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi all
i think i have heard p32 is due to be discontinued. any idea when and if there is a replacement planned?

anyone here use it as a primary controller for traktor or something similar? i have ddj200 and love it to control edjing mix and wedj, but would like to replace the wheels i dont use with more buttons and stuff.

i do not want two controllers and p32 seems to have all it takes. a drawback, no bluetooth, which would enable integration with android and ios. 

can you share your experiences? 
thanks

Hello,

Regarding WeDJ, as it is a Pioneer app, I think it can only support Pioneer DJ controllers. Pioneer has a controller with no wheels here

Topic starter

Hi 
Fair enough, weDJ is Pioneer but edjing is not, but it supports a pioneer controller. Or crossDJ, which after some tweaks, I have read, can speak with DDJ200, too. (if so, why not the Hercules' Universal DJ, which is already on the market? But that is a digression).

DDJ-XP2 is a strictly secondary controller, whereas p32 can be the main one due to mixer controllers and cross-fader. Any way to find out if and when something Hercules will replace P32? And is p32 getting out of production?

Thanks

Hello,

It depends on your operating system.

- the Android DJ Apps I tested are not open to importing a MIDI mapping, so if you are in Android, no mapping may be imported (the app publishers must integrate the MIDI map in the app build), so no chance to add any old DJ controller.

- Some iOS DJ apps are more open, in Pro version, to import a MIDI mapping, so in DJ Player, Cross DJ or djay Pro, you may import a mapping made for PC or mac computer to support a DJ controller via a Lightning to USB connection.