inpulse 500 - headp...

Notifications
Clear all

inpulse 500 - headphone output problem

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
suddenly, for no apparent reason, the headphone output no longer works.
i checked the settings, shut down and restarted the pc, but it doesnt work.
the white lights light up (headphones and pre-listening) but there is no signal, both on the 3.5mm jack and on the large one.
i also tried serato dj pro but the problem is not solved.
i think i need technical assistance because im afraid its a breakdown.

Hello Ninosan,

As I mentionned in an earlier message, it may help if you could complete your profile with your computer information

In "Describe your equipment": describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows or macOS (for example Windows 10 64-bit built 1909), type of USB (USB2, USB 3), USB connection (direct or through a USB hub or through a USB-C adapter - brand and model of the USB hub and the USB-C adapter), version of DJConsole Series driver package for example 2019_HDJS_1, version number of Djuced, for example Djuced 5.0.9.

Please confirm if:
- In the DJ software > Settings > Audio, your audio device is DJControl Inpulse 500 ASIO
- the headphones volume on DJControl Inpulse 500 is not mute
- if you try to listen the master output, you pressed down the button with the headphones logo below the Master vu-meter. 

Topic starter
Hello,
I have updated my personal profile.
With regard to the problem, I confirm the settings indicated.
I would add that until the day before, listening with headphones worked.
Yesterday I started the system, listening on the headphones made some whims for about 30 seconds, then they stopped working. Even with Serato it doesn't work.
The headphones are perfect and I have also tried with other headphones.
I suspect this console has some flaws from the beginning.
How should I settle?

Hello Ninosan,

1) Thanks for the profile update.

2) Please confirm that in Djuced Settings > Audio, headphones are assigned to Outputs 3&4 as hereafter

3) Please check if the following features work:
a) the Master output vumeter works,
b) If you play a input source (as mobile phone headphones output) on the Aux input and mix it on the master output 

- do you hear it in the master output?
- do you see the ring of the Aux volume knob change when you increase the input volume? 

Topic starter
Hello,
thanks for the support.
I confirm point 2.
The output Vumeter works.
I tried to use the AUX RCA input, the master output works, the AUX volume and also the output vumeter.
I still hear nothing in my headphones in all conditions.

Hello,

The Aux input and the headphones mix are processed in the same DSP, so as the Aux input works and is mixed on the master output, the in-board audio processing is not the cause of your getting no signal, which is a good piece of news.

Please do the following tests

1) USB connection test
Connect the headphones to the headphones output, then connect DJC I 500 to the computer USB port. 
a) Do you hear a small click in the headphones when you connect the controller to the USB port?
b) Do you hear another small click in the headphones when the Vegas mode (the backlight animation) starts?

2) Hercules control panel test
Keep the headphones connected
Run Hercules DJ control panel, go to the About tab

Click on the speaker icon, on bottom left of the panel: the icon becomes green when it plays a message.
-> Do you hear the message in the headphones?

3) Test on another computer
If you did not hear the message in headphones, as you have another computer, can you test on this other computer with the same software and DJC I 500 if you can hear the sound in the headphones output of this other computer?

Topic starter
Good news,
I did the suggested tests, I heard the clicks with the USB cable and with the lights test. Couldn't hear the voice with the control panel test.
I then connected the controler to another pc (always i7), and magically the headphones are heard.
But now the problem remains on the Intel NUC PC which is not clear to me what it depends on.
It worked fine for 10 days .....
Topic starter
RESOLVED!
i reinstalled the drivers for the console and the headphones now work.
I never imagined that it depended on the drivers, I was convinced that if the problem was on the driver the console would not work in windows too ....
Thanks again for the technical support.

Hello,

Good piece of news.
If it occurs again, please try the WASAPI mode (DJC I 500 is system compliant, so it can work without drivers in WASAPI mode), to see if the issue still occurs in WASAPI, not only in ASIO.
ASIO = Audio Stream Input Output: if the second stereo stream was crashed in the driver, you had no audio playback on the headphones channels.