Notifications
Clear all

dual inpulse 300s

11 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
hi
just wondering if its possible to run two inpulse 300 controllers at the same time to control all four decks in djuced? i cant seem to find any info on this kind of setup

Hello Futureal,

No, Djuced 5 mapping process cannot differenciate 2 controllers which are the same model, so sending different commands with 2 controllers of the same model is currently not possible.
But I forward your suggestion to Djuced team so that think of how to do it.

Topic starter

Does that mean with different models it would work? If yes, how should the settings need to be adjusted?

Hello Sityi,

Yes, it means with 2 different models of controller it can work.
Djuced has no menu to assign decks to controllers so it requires a dedicated mapping.

The process is:
- a mapping for the secondary controller to controls decks 3 & 4 (writing this mapping is easy, as it is an update of the deck 1 & 2 mapping)
- activating this mapping of the secondary controller instead of the standard one in Djuced
- and using the standard preset for the 1st controller which controls decks 1 & 2.

We already did it a few years ago with 2 controllers used as secondary controllers, P32 DJ and DJControl Compact, so we know can work. I will check it soon with small controllers (DJC Starlight  and DJC Inpulse 200) and I let you know if it works as I expect it.

Topic starter

So basically all need to be done is edit the corresponding .xml file under C:\Program Files\DJUCED\midi and load that? Do I guess correctly that the 3rd and 4th decks are marked as C and D, so the map names should be changed like CUE_C, CUE_D, JOG_bend_C, JOG_bend_D, etc.?

Hello,

Yes, IMO the changes needed in the xml mapping to convert the deck 1 & 2 controller into a deck 3 & 4 controller are:

1) In the header, change the map name and the map description
2) I would not change the sample mapping since it is already on deck 3 & 4, so no change of name on SAMPLE*_* controls
2) For other control names, change the _A into _C, and change _B into _D
3) in the map names and map actions, change the chann=1 into chann=3, and chann=2 into chann=4
and no renaming on the map name and map action related to SAMPLE.

and I would maybe disable to crossfader of the second DJ controller.

Topic starter

Thank you very much. I'll give that a try in the following days.

Hello

Enclosed is the mapping of DJControl Starlight to control deck 3 & 4 in Djuced.
I keep the crosfader active as it is used in back to back performance.

Compared to my former message, keep FX_A and FX_B as they are since there are 2 FX racks, not 4, so there are no FX_C or FX_C.

Topic starter

Hey

If you could confirm that an inpulse 300 will work along side an inpulse 200, that would be very useful thanks

Topic starter

Hello

Enclosed is the mapping of DJControl Starlight to control deck 3 & 4 in Djuced.
I keep the crosfader active as it is used in back to back performance.

Compared to my former message, keep FX_A and FX_B as they are since there are 2 FX racks, not 4, so there are no FX_C or FX_C.

This is brilliant. Just had to make sure that on the main screen of Djuced the Starlight controls only deck 3 + 4. Thank you very much, sir!

Hello Futureal,

Yes, an Inpulse 300 will work with Inpulse 200.
We plan to release this week 3 mappings, one of Inpulse 200, one of 300 and probably one of 500 as secondary Djuced controller. 

Hello,

I have placed Djuced secondary controller mapping files for
DJControl Inpulse 200,
DJControl Inpulse 300,
DJControl Inpulse 500,
on
https://we.tl/t-kElKAQ90sP

To install these mapping files, please refer to the blog
https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/blog/tech-tips/control-4-decks-in-djuced-with-2-dj-controllers/
and let me know if you meet technical issues.