hercules dj console...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules dj console (the first of all) - side a pitch fader issue (unsync)

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

a good night to all members of this forum.
all right with you?

i am facing a problem with the pitch fader a of my hercules dj console (the first of all) because, when centered on the console, its position in virtual dj is completely wrong.
i noticed that the difference between the console and the software has been growing exponentially during the last 2 days until i reach the point where i am where. the center of the pitch fader a is almost at the end of its reach.

ive tried everything to fix this, including: internal cleaning of the fader itself with isopropyl alcohol, updating drivers and restoring factory settings in virtual dj 2020.
im already using the latest driver made available by hercules on my windows 10.

please help me!!!

Topic starter
Btw, pictures...
Hello Gotardo,
Welcome on the forum.
I have not seen DJ Console Mk1 in use for a few years so I cannot test anything on this, I did not know it was still supported in Windows 10 with VirtualDJ 2020, so I do not guess whether it is a hardware, driver, setting or software issue.
1) I remember at the time of DJ Console Mk1, VirtualDJ DJC, included with the console, had an option to exchange the volume and the pitch control so that:
- DJ Console Mk1 pitch faders were used to control volume
- DJ Console Mk1 volume encoder were used to control the pitch.
If this VirtualDJ setting is still somewhere, can you check if exchanging the controls changes anything or is the volume fader out of scale when pitch faders become volume faders.
2) If you have a MIDI test software, as for example MIDI Ox
http://www.midiox.com/moxdown.ht m"> http://www.midiox.com/moxdown.htm
can you check if the MIDI value has still a variation on most of the pitch fader travel (then the issue may be setting/software related) or whether the MIDI value stops changing at a position of the travel where it should still change (then the issue may be  hardware/firmware related)?