Notifications
Clear all

fx, heeeelp

17 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi guys
i have hercules inpulse 200 and i use djuced, lastest versione (i believe)
i have a problem: when by holding down "hot cue", they activate "fx" mode (so far no problem). but if i want to change the effect from software djuced, it doesnt connect the effect i choose at pad. so i always stay with the presets fx. can anyone help me to insert the fx that i prefer? sorry for my bad english...
help me, please 

Hello deca,

DJControl Inpulse 200 is intended to operate that way, with FX hardwired so that you cannot change the FX assigned to the pads.
But as you are not the only person who would prefer to assign own's own FX on the pads, a change is under development.
Please wait for some time, the update will require not only installing a new Djuced but also a new driver for DJControl Inpulse 200.

I have not the schedule of this update yet, but when I know it, I posyt it on the forum. 

Topic starter

thank you for your time.
i tried with others software like traktor pro 3 but it's the same problem. the only program that solved the fx issue is mixxx, with one mapping that i have found on mixxxforum.. but after 10-20 mixed track, he got stuck.
where i will can find this drivers which you talk?

Hello,

1) The drivers will be released on Hercules technical support website:
https://support.hercules.com/en/product/djcontrolinpulse200-en/
They are expected for this quarter, but I do not know if it is in April, May or June.

2) At the same time roughly, Djuced will release an update with an option to replace the sequence of commands on Pad FX by simple FX one can map.

3) It is logical all other software have the same behaviour as Djuced in this respect since, as today the controller sends a complex and fast sequence of commands, jog wheels emulation, move of faders, so that mapping another function on one of these elements of complex sequence, may, if the other command is not processed fast enough, result in stability issues.

Topic starter

oooook, thank you, so much!
can i ask you to send a private message or something like this when new updates and drivers will be published?

Hello deca,
I can send you a private message, but private messages in HerculesDJMixRoom private messaging do not result in sending an email to your mail box.

So if I send you a message in HerculesDJMixRoom private messaging (it requires first that you accept my invitation here), then if you come back in the forum, and connect, you will see you have a message, but it will not be connected to your email.

For what I understood, not connecting to your email reduces the exposure to GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) non compliance issue.
As a moderator, I can moderate the contents of posts on the forum, I can hide message which I consider as offending, but I cannot know your email. So usually, when I need to get the email of someone of the forum, I ask the person to accept my invitation here, and one the invitation has been accepted, I can receive the email the person sends me by the private messaging of the forum.
But please do, if you are interested in this, I can send you the preliminary version of driver and Djuced when it is in beta test stage.
Topic starter

hi man, always very kind.
i did not uderstand what you are referring to, have you beta test stage?
so i have another question... now i have installed drivers from herculesupport for djuced; when the new ones come out, the old drivers must be uninstalled or overlapped?

thank you and happy easter

Hello Deca,

1) Yes, there is a beta test stage.

2) When new drivers are released, they can generally overlap former drivers, but sometimes, for reasons I do not know, one must first uninstall the olde drivers prior to installing new drivers.

Topic starter

thanks man!
maybe that's better to wait than to try the beta test. what do you advise?

Hello deca,

It's your choice.
- Installing a beta software requires to uninstall it at the release of the software final version, so it is indeed more comfortable to wait for the final version.
- On the other hand, you must wait longer for the final release, and if the final release does not process exactly as you expected, you discover it when it is too late the amend it. 

Topic starter

hi man, thanks every day for your time.
so are you recommending me to install the beta test for the moment? are there any different advantages, such as being able to choose fx (practically speacking)?

Topic starter

I'ts about time they listen and provide what the community asks, But i doubt it will happen they will just keep delaying & delaying or just make excuse, i have a pioneer ddj and to be honest they are best in game!

Topic starter
i'll say onestly that i've spoke with a someone available, like u see before; but at the same time i think that for who have create and elaborate inpulse 200 maybe it should be very simple to create a mapping for fx's choice ahahah
i've seen that have provided an update for djuced, but there are always the same problem...

Hello Deca,

It is not only a matter of releasing a mapping: for a good integration, it is necessary to:
- release a driver update package which can update the firmware to make the controller able to send either the current sequence of pad FX commands, or to send basic FX commands with pads,
- release a version of Djuced with a menu to select which mode of pads Fx you want (develop a menu, translate it, etc..)

Since if Hercules simply removed the existing pad Fx MIDI sequence process to replace the by basic Fx On/Off 
- users who use the pad FX sequences would not be happy with this change, 
- software developpers who have integrated the current pad FX (as VirtualDJ, djay, Cross DJ, Ultramixer..) would have it not working anymore.

So it may sound easy to change a mapping, but the mapping is below 1% of the task (the main task testing; testing a driver update, on several operating systems, in 16 languages, with over 20 DJ controllers, and testing a Djuced update, which must also be tested in the same conditions).

Topic starter
hi man, yep it's ok i have not consider this, i think only that.. when better time for this than quarantine?! haha who use only three fx?
so, i joke.. i think that about this hercules could bettering!
thanks everytime for your available.
Topic starter

it is more than likely the built in default pad fx is coded to eprom chip & they need to do more work than release a driver update, will need a new script & use a eprom flasher to write it,
This update your looking for wont happen soon, better to use mixx software for this feature or buy better controller

Topic starter
yes, actually i'm really thinking about it!
Djuced is a fantastic and easy to use program! The only problem is the fact that it got stuck. I guess i'll try again anyway;
Why it got stuck about you?

Hello deca,

DJControl Inpulse 200 & 300 padFX firmware update will be flashed via the USB, the USB main chipset in the controller can handle it, so no eeprom flasher is needed.
The update is currently scheduled in May. 

Page 1 / 2