instinct p8 pre lis...

Notifications
Clear all

instinct p8 pre listening exits also by speakers

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi ive bought an instinct p8 consolle some days ago and the insallation (with djuced40) was successful, in fact everything worked fine. the problem is that today the audio exits also by speakers during pre listening mode, so ive upgraded the drivers and download again djuced but this problem has not gone away. what can i do? 

Topic starter

I also got problems by using my instinct P8  sound just stops its random sometimes no sound glitch or anything for hours using the soundcard of the instinct P8, with Asio or Wasapi out of the blue it happens to me. Sometimes few times in a hour. 
Its like the controller got disconnected from usb port not in use/useable then. I need to plug it out/plug in the contoller again before its useable/working again. 

Topic starter

So what can i do? It's strange because the console is new and two days ago it worked perfectly

Hello Bobo17,
1) The first action when meeting any technical issue and going on a forum should be to complete your profile:on "My Space"> "My Profile"
https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/informations/
You have 3 fields to list your equipment:
- In "Hercules equipment in use", please check your Dj controller, DJControl Instinct P8
- In "Software in use", check your DJ software, DJUCED,
- In "Describe your equipment": describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows (for example Windows 10 64-bit Family Edition, version 1709) or macOS (as macOS 10.13.6), version of DJConsole Series driver package (as 2018_HDJS_1 for Windows), version of DJ software (as DJUCED 40 3.6.10).
2) Then, as you have an audio problem, you should describe your audio settings.
Are your settings as below (If I imagine you are in Windows):
- Audio Device: DJControl Instinct P8 ASIO (ASIO)
- Outputs:
 Master: Outputs 1&2
 Headphones: Output 3&4
Hello Hutmacker,
1) The first think to do when you meet a technical issue is to complete your profile:on "My Space"> "My Profile"
You have 3 fields to list your equipment:
- In "Hercules equipment in use", please check your Dj controller, DJControl Instinct P8
- In "Software in use", check your DJ software, DJUCED,
- In "Describe your equipment": describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows (for example Windows 10 64-bit Family Edition, version 1709) or macOS (as macOS 10.13.6), version of DJConsole Series driver package (as 2018_HDJS_1 for Windows), version of DJ software (as DJUCED 40 3.6.10).
2) You have a computer setting problem, and you are in Windows.
By default, Windows powers off the USB from time to time, it is USB Selective Suspend.
You should disable this setting.
In Windows 7, 8 or10.

- Right-click on My computer > Properties > Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus controllers,
- Right-click on the first line "USB Root Hub" and click "Properties"
- Go to the tab "Power Management", and uncheck the box "Allow computer to turn off this device to save energy"/"Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Topic starter

Yes, the settings are like you've described. I've also tried the console with another pc and also with Virtual Dj, but the pfl goes always with the speakers'audio, at this point i think the console has broken... What do you say?

Hello Bobo17,
1) In short
DJConsole Instinct P8 audio is an audio interface without analogue mixer, so:
- the issue you describe is not due to a controller defectiveness, it is caused by a computer settings,
- it can be solved in 5 minutes in changing these settings, but solving your issue would require that you write the technical information requested in my previous message.
2) You can call Hercules technical support instead of using the forum. The phone number to call from italy is 800035261, from 9:00 to 20:00 from monday to friday, as you can read here.

3) If you want to use the forum: we do not see your computer, so the technical information we get is only what you write
- the computer information, which should be completed in My Space"> "My Profile",
-  the audio settings in your DJ software, the version of the DJ software, the audio device you use, as telling the mistake in your audio settings requires that you write your audio settings.
3) To use the forum, what is needed is that you or someone else write your technical information (even in italian, it is no problem):
a) Fill your computer profile
 - In "Hercules equipment in use", check DJControl Instinct P8
 - In "Software in use", check DJUCED,
 - In "Describe your equipment": describe the computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows (for example Windows 10 64-bit Family Edition, version 1709) or macOS (as macOS 10.13.6), version of DJConsole Series driver package (as 2018_HDJS_1 for Windows), version of DJ software (as DJUCED 40 3.6.10).

b) Describe in a message the audio settings in the DJ software:
- what is the software version? For example, do you use DJUCED 40 3.6.10?
- is the audio device loaded "DJControl Instinct P8 ASIO (ASIO)"? It is better to use this ASIO driver than the Wasapi device as Windows updates may interfere with the Wasapi audio device.
- is the audio setting in your DJ software
Master: Outputs 1&2
Headphones: Output 3&4?
And precise where your speakers are connected, on which output.