[SOLVED] Hercules DJ 4Set EEPROM BIN

vaggs

16 Messages
Posted on 02/05/19 at 14:32:01
Greece
  • DJ 4Set
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • VirtualDJ
I will make an effort to visit a store and schedule it there, hoping to live at some point. I think this is the same because this is not my console completely dead. He has all the symptoms that other users of the same console have had, and he has worked for some time. 

slider222

1 Messages
Posted on 04/02/19 at 10:44:35
Germany
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
Hello vaggs,
Please accept my invitation on
so that I can send you a private message with the bin file to burn in DJ-4Set eeprom.
Hi !!
Can anybody send me a eeprom bin for DJ4Set ??

Thanks 

vaggs

16 Messages
Posted on 04/05/19 at 15:44:20
Greece
  • DJ 4Set
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • VirtualDJ
Hello,
It may be related to the way of writing the data on the eeprom, I remember I had to do several attempts to make it work (the way to check it worked was to
1) place the eeprom on its socket on the DJ controller printed circuit board,
2) connect the DJ Controller printed circuit board to the computer,
3) boot the computer and see if the printed circuit board is detected as the DJ controller.
I have never tried burning an eeprom with a CH341a eeprom burner in Windows 10: last time I did it I used Windows 7.
Due to Windows 10 security standards, Windows 10 may prevent the eeprom burner program from working well.
If you can find a PC with Windows 7 or 8.0 (avoid Windows 8.1, whose USB layer is so bad it is is not safe using it), it would be better to use this second PC to use your eeprom burner, and reprogram the eeprom.
I did it. Sources to an electronic programmer made me a new chip with the bin file you sent me, but there is no solution to my problem yet. continues to see my console as an unknown device. the indications are the same. light up the microphone lamp and then nothing. no solution please ...

oscheil

1 Messages
Posted on 05/03/19 at 12:50:25
Germany
  • DJ Console Mk4
  • VirtualDJ
Hello,
My mk4 gets no connection. Can you send me the eeprom file?.
I have bought the low cost USB chinese programmer, you recommended.
best regards

User Experience Team

2159 Messages
Posted on 05/06/19 at 14:44:36
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Serato
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Traktor
Hello,

A) If your DJ Console Mk4 cannot connect because you have never updated its firmware and you connect if for the first time on a computer which has USB 3.0 ports, then you should update the Mk4 firmware to support the new USB layer drivers.
1) Find a PC with Windows 8.0 or Windows 7 (but not Windows 8.1 or Windows 10), or with no USB 3.0 port
2) Find a USB hub (USB 1.1, USB 2.0 or USB 3.0, all are OK) powered by a with a power adapter: it is important to use the power adapter,
3) Install the USB hub powered by its power adapter to the Windows 7 or 8.0 PC,
4) Install the last driver from Hercules (today 2019_HDJS_1, here) on the Windows 7 or Windows 8.0 PC
5) Connect the DJ Console Mk4 to the Windows 7 or 8.0 PC, or on a Windows 10 PC which has zero USB 3 port
6) Once the driver has updated the firmware on the DJ Console Mk4, if the DJ Console Rmx is properly detected on the Windows 7 or 8 PC, you can use the DJ Console Mk4 on the Windows 10 PC.

B) If the DJ Console Mk4 was bricked during a firmware update (on a computer without a USB hub with separate power adapter), then indeed you should update the firmware in disassembling the eeprom and updating it on a separate burner. Then:
- please accept my invitation here: https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/friends/
- and send me a message so that I can email you the eeprom content file.

User Experience Team

2159 Messages
Posted on 05/09/19 at 14:14:29
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Serato
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Traktor
Hello Oscheil;

Please check in the private email area, 
https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/messages/
I have sent you a message with the eeoril file.

AlbertoM

4 Messages
Posted on 04/03/20 at 23:30:24
Spain
Hi all,

After using my dj 4 set for many times in my old computer, i tried to use in my new laptop with win10.

After install drivers, not recognized in windows. I update the firmware using old pc ( windows 7 ) and update was "succesfull"

Now, i cant use anymore in win7 neither win10

Can anyone send me the eeprom for update with a external programmer?

Thanks in advance

User Experience Team

2159 Messages
Posted on 04/05/20 at 23:22:10
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Serato
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Traktor
Hello, 

Sorry, you probably misunderstood what I may have written on other messages. I never send an eeprom or an external programmer, but only the code that the end user must burn by him/her self with an external programmer the user find by themselves. If you are not familiar with eeprom burning, I suggest you check with an electronic repair store.
I understand with covid 19 in Spain it is no the best moment to visit a repair store, but maybe you can contact one by phone, and once you see with them whether they can burn for your the eeprom or whether they will sell you the eeprom programmer, I can send the eeprom code they or you will programm in the eeprom.

AlbertoM

4 Messages
Posted on 04/06/20 at 11:31:23
Spain
Hello again,

I explainned wrong in the other post. My bad. Sorry

I have a external eeprom programmer, my request is only for the eeprom file. 

Thanks in advance again.

User Experience Team

2159 Messages
Posted on 04/06/20 at 16:06:01
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Serato
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Traktor
Hello,

I have sent you an invitation here (Mi espacio > Amigos) , please accept it so that I can send you a firmware in a private message.