vaggs

16 Messages
Posted on 08/18/18 at 17:04:16
Greece
  • DJ 4Set
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • VirtualDJ
Hello Vaggs,
Well, it seems that you need to reflash the eeprom of your DJ-4Set.
Do you know how to use an eeprom burner, something in that style

hello again!
I had the first you link me!
What next?

User Experience Team

2159 Messages
Posted on 08/20/18 at 09:18:37
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Serato
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Traktor
Hello vaggs,

Please accept my invitation on
so that I can send you a private message with the bin file to burn in DJ-4Set eeprom.

vaggs

16 Messages
Posted on 08/20/18 at 23:08:39
Greece
  • DJ 4Set
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • VirtualDJ
thanks a lot. I allready do.
In message please tell me and the process of all this.Thanks again mate!

User Experience Team

2159 Messages
Posted on 08/21/18 at 17:27:24
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Serato
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Traktor
Hello,

You still have to find how to use the burner, it is not so simple.
A video with the link of the programs for your burner is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0ChYNwunUE.

1) With 8-pin eeproms, you connect to the first 8 holes (dip), the 8 holes the closest from the USB
2) if the distance between the pins of te eeprom does not fit with the distance between the holes of the programmer, you must use the additional printed circuit board as pin converter, as you can see in the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3-lxND9xso

2) When the pin out distance doesnot fit with the 82) When you use eeproms whose the distance between the pins of the eeprom do not fit directly with the distance between holes (dips), you must use the additional printed circuit board asyou can see at the beginning of the vi

vaggs

16 Messages
Posted on 08/22/18 at 16:17:25
Greece
  • DJ 4Set
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • VirtualDJ
Hello
I actually did everything as you described me. But the console does not work. Turns on the lamp like before and nothing.
after some attempts I made and erase all the process from the beginning with the bin file that I was pointing to. Is it blown that I have windows 10?
Do i need usb hub?
I program it on the laptop.
do it on desktop?
I've been trying hard to solve the problem since I spotted it. A little while ago because I knew it would solve the problem.
Please tell me what else can it be?

User Experience Team

2159 Messages
Posted on 08/22/18 at 17:41:33
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Serato
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Traktor
Hello,

It may be related to the way of writing the data on the eeprom, I remember I had to do several attempts to make it work (the way to check it worked was to
1) place the eeprom on its socket on the DJ controller printed circuit board,
2) connect the DJ Controller printed circuit board to the computer,
3) boot the computer and see if the printed circuit board is detected as the DJ controller.

I have never tried burning an eeprom with a CH341a eeprom burner in Windows 10: last time I did it I used Windows 7.
Due to Windows 10 security standards, Windows 10 may prevent the eeprom burner program from working well.
If you can find a PC with Windows 7 or 8.0 (avoid Windows 8.1, whose USB layer is so bad it is is not safe using it), it would be better to use this second PC to use your eeprom burner, and reprogram the eeprom.

vaggs

16 Messages
Posted on 01/24/19 at 18:39:53
Greece
  • DJ 4Set
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • VirtualDJ
Hello again. after many attempts and many times with different operating systems, I was unable to get my console to work. I think I have not made a mistake as regards the chip and its programming. The truth is that I have not tried to make a connection to a usb hub that has its own stream. Please very much like to send me the bin file again, if there was any error in it or somebody more aware of it. Thanks again for valuable help. Inside all I was able to program and chip.

vaggs

16 Messages
Posted on 01/24/19 at 19:22:06
Greece
  • DJ 4Set
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • VirtualDJ
Hello again. after many attempts and many times with different operating systems, I was unable to get my console to work. I think I have not made a mistake as regards the chip and its programming. The truth is that I have not tried to make a connection to a usb hub that has its own stream. Please very much like to send me the bin file again, if there was any error in it or somebody more aware of it. Thanks again for valuable help. Inside all I was able to program and chip.
continues to see it as an unknown device despite the latest tests with powered usb hub.

S.Kdj

3 Messages
Posted on 01/31/19 at 18:25:27
USA
hi guys think i have the same problem, could someone help me delete my eeprom (dont really know what is is or what do do)

User Experience Team

2159 Messages
Posted on 02/01/19 at 12:10:29
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Serato
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Traktor
Hello Vaggs,

As the use of the program of eeprom burners is complicated and sometimes not well supported on some computers, I suggest you contact an electronic repair store and ask them to burn the bin in the eeprom for you and reassemble the DJ-4Set.
USB burner programs are not so easy and not compatible on all USB ports, so maybe that is the origin of your problem.
Another possibility is that the eeprom is dead and an electronic repair store will detect it immediately. 
A last possibility is that your DJ 4-Set hardware is dead, not only the eeprom, and then changing the eeprom will not change anything.