Notifications
Clear all

rmx not recognised by my mac

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi,

i have a hercules rmx console and few weeks ago i was prompted to update the firmware and after that my console never worked again. when i open the manual update, all the options show as n/a (after holding the mic on/off button while connecting the cable) as the instructions say.

is there any way to recover the firmware? i now tried everything to recover but always failed to bring it back to life. can somebody that already had this problem help me?

many thanks, 

Please contact Technical Support:

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=contact

Topic starter

Kidroger, did you manage to get anywhere with this because I didn't. 

Topic starter

If anyone has the following problem:
Automatic Firmware Updater went wrong, since then RMX Console is only recognized as Unknown USB Device with Vendor Id 0451 and Product ID 3200, which is a Texas Instrument Chip, which is probably used inside.  Blue lights don't stop flashing.

Here is the solution, thanks to MaxDJack for his help.

A screwdriver and a EEPROM Programming Device is needed.  There is NO NEED to remove the sliders or knobs as we open the back side.
You need to dismantle the console, by removing the 6 long screws on the upper side to the left and the right.
Then all the small black screws on the left and the right side.
Finally on the lower side some small black screws need to be removed and two silver ones
which are partly hidden by the feet of the console, which need to be removed, too.

Then remove the EEPROM, which is a HT24LC64.
To reflash it, you need the image file which you can get from MaxDJack or me.
Flash the binary data to the EEPROM and reinstall the EEPROM into its socket.

If you do not know what I am talking about, you better ask someone who has knowledge on electrical engineering.

Topic starter

Hello, I'm an electronics technician and I have a Hercules DJ Trim 4&6 interface that was intermittent, when trying to read the 24C64 EEPROM the recorder gave an error, causing the interface to no longer be recognized. I would like to know if anyone has this .hex or .bin file to be able to help me, Thank you.