2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi,

i want to know if it is possible to use the mk2 and rmx at the same time

bart

2 Answers

Hi bartveg,

Yes, it is possible to use DJ Console Rmx and DJ Console Mk2 at the same time.
When both DJ Console Rmx and DJ Console Mk2 are connected:
- the disc icon with a "DJ" headline changes with a "2", which means 2 devices are detected,
- and you must click with the right click button of your mouse on this icon to change the control panel it calls by default,
- you can change the MIDI channel of your DJ Console Rmx so that it takes another channel than DJ Console Mk2, otherwise both console will send the same commands.

VirtualDJ DJC Edition (version 3 or version 5) don't recognize 2 controllers, but for example Traktor 3 DJ Studio can support 2 DJ Console to control 4 decks.

2 Answers
Topic starter

You could use both but we have discovered (on the VirtualDJ forum) there may be a conflict between the 2 control panels of both controllers. The conflict may lead to slight increase in CPU usage, but if you are not worried about that then you should be fine.

You can read this post for more info on the above, taken from the VirtualDJ forum

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/89710/Hardware_Technical_Support/Hercules_RMX__-_Setup__Solutions__Fixes__Issues__etc___.html?page=1

I actually agree with this, and experienced it myself so I've un-installed  everything relating to my old mk2, now I have the RMX.

2 Answers
Topic starter

hi bartveg,

yes, it is possible to use dj console rmx and dj console mk2 at the same time.
when both dj console rmx and dj console mk2 are connected:
- the disc icon with a "dj" headline changes with a "2", which means 2 devices are detected,
- and you must click with the right click button of your mouse on this icon to change the control panel it calls by default,
- you can change the midi channel of your dj console rmx so that it takes another channel than dj console mk2, otherwise both console will send the same commands.

virtualdj djc edition (version 3 or version 5) dont recognize 2 controllers, but for example traktor 3 dj studio can support 2 dj console to control 4 decks.

Topic starter

you could use both but we have discovered (on the virtualdj forum) there may be a conflict between the 2 control panels of both controllers. the conflict may lead to slight increase in cpu usage, but if you are not worried about that then you should be fine.

you can read this post for more info on the above, taken from the virtualdj forum

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/89710/hardware_technical_support/hercules_rmx__-_setup__solutions__fixes__issues__etc___.html?page=1

i actually agree with this, and experienced it myself so ive un-installed  everything relating to my old mk2, now i have the rmx.