scratchy sound with...

Notifications
Clear all

scratchy sound with tractor and rmx

10 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi yall! this is a great forum. i am learning a lot from other posters.

heres the configuration of my setup - rmx controller, tractor 3.0 dj software and powerbook with adequate ram and a strong processor.

i keep getting scratchy sound output. the same thing happened when i was using mkii and now with rmx. ive played a few gigs with mkii and rmx and the audiences have complained about the scratchy sound. btw the sound output was just fine before i loaded the tractor presets i.e. when rmx was used just as a sound card. perhaps its the presets or tractor settings.

anyone with a similar configuration with any suggestions on how to fix this?

thanks much.

5 Answers
Topic starter

Hi there, I´m curios.. the same thing does happen also with the bundled VDJ or only with Traktor?

For me it looks like something strange with your Powerbook, I mean it is strange both consoles to have the same issue 🙂

Tell me more about your Mac, did you try to update it to the newest version?

5 Answers
Topic starter

This is a very common problem which I've been looking an answer for.
It's definitely not the hardware, you'll find the same problem on other interfaces as well.
Its the software & i've tried countless searches & tweaks but it only reduces the problem slightly instead of eliminating it all together.
This is very big problem Cos imagine hearing a constant clipping sound on a 10 000W sound system.
Please helpppppppppppppp! 

5 Answers
Topic starter

This is a very common problem which I've been looking an answer for.
It's definitely not the hardware, you'll find the same problem on other interfaces as well.
Its the software & i've tried countless searches & tweaks but it only reduces the problem slightly instead of eliminating it all together.
This is very big problem Cos imagine hearing a constant clipping sound on a 10 000W sound system.
Please helpppppppppppppp! 

5 Answers
Topic starter

Are you on a Mac? Turn off airport (aka wi-fi). If that doesn't work, try tweaking your CPU settings in Traktor.

It's a known issue with Traktor, I don't think it's the hardware.

-Andrew

5 Answers
Topic starter

Thanks for the responses guys. Yeah, I don't think it's a hardware problem as well. Otherwise the soundcard on the RMX or MK2 wouldn't work flawlessly pre Tractor or VDJ installation. Funny enough, after several tweaks (and I agree Renny it doesn't eliminate the problem) I found that reducing the Audio Latency in Tractor settings seems to have brought the problem under control.

My Audio Latency was set to 11.5 and after several permutations I find 2.5 works best and has significantly (and I mean significant) reduced the occurence of those nasty audio glitches. Funny cause you'd think keeping it that low would be inviting trouble in performance situations but it worked rather well. It was embarrasing a few months ago when I was playing to a crowd of about 200 with the "itchy and scratchy" in full force wishing that somehow the problem would go away. My last two gigs went mighty well with the new latency setting.

Hoeveler, I reckon you have a point. Tractor needs to sort this out cause it's an awesome software and I love it to death for all the fantastic features its packed with. I am on a Mac and I will try turning airport off next time (will report on that). I will try tweaking the CPU settings as well albeit I have a powerful Powerbook upgraded to 1.5 GB RAM and 150 GB Hard Drive.

I have another gig scheduled a week from now. I'll get back to you guys on how that went with the new settings. In the meantime do post your experiences with Tractor and RMX/MK2.

Warm tidings -

5 Answers
Topic starter

hi there, i´m curios.. the same thing does happen also with the bundled vdj or only with traktor?

for me it looks like something strange with your powerbook, i mean it is strange both consoles to have the same issue 🙂

tell me more about your mac, did you try to update it to the newest version?

Topic starter

this is a very common problem which ive been looking an answer for.
its definitely not the hardware, youll find the same problem on other interfaces as well.
its the software & ive tried countless searches & tweaks but it only reduces the problem slightly instead of eliminating it all together.
this is very big problem cos imagine hearing a constant clipping sound on a 10 000w sound system.
please helpppppppppppppp! 

Topic starter

this is a very common problem which ive been looking an answer for.
its definitely not the hardware, youll find the same problem on other interfaces as well.
its the software & ive tried countless searches & tweaks but it only reduces the problem slightly instead of eliminating it all together.
this is very big problem cos imagine hearing a constant clipping sound on a 10 000w sound system.
please helpppppppppppppp! 

Topic starter

are you on a mac? turn off airport (aka wi-fi). if that doesnt work, try tweaking your cpu settings in traktor.

its a known issue with traktor, i dont think its the hardware.

-andrew

Topic starter

thanks for the responses guys. yeah, i dont think its a hardware problem as well. otherwise the soundcard on the rmx or mk2 wouldnt work flawlessly pre tractor or vdj installation. funny enough, after several tweaks (and i agree renny it doesnt eliminate the problem) i found that reducing the audio latency in tractor settings seems to have brought the problem under control.

my audio latency was set to 11.5 and after several permutations i find 2.5 works best and has significantly (and i mean significant) reduced the occurence of those nasty audio glitches. funny cause youd think keeping it that low would be inviting trouble in performance situations but it worked rather well. it was embarrasing a few months ago when i was playing to a crowd of about 200 with the "itchy and scratchy" in full force wishing that somehow the problem would go away. my last two gigs went mighty well with the new latency setting.

hoeveler, i reckon you have a point. tractor needs to sort this out cause its an awesome software and i love it to death for all the fantastic features its packed with. i am on a mac and i will try turning airport off next time (will report on that). i will try tweaking the cpu settings as well albeit i have a powerful powerbook upgraded to 1.5 gb ram and 150 gb hard drive.

i have another gig scheduled a week from now. ill get back to you guys on how that went with the new settings. in the meantime do post your experiences with tractor and rmx/mk2.

warm tidings -