light issue on rmx ...

Notifications
Clear all

light issue on rmx start up

14 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

when started, the rmx blue lights should flash for about 20 seconds or so, then stop,

but what ive notice on mine is that they flash for about 10 seconds, then the left hand side lights stop but the right hand side carry on till the rmx is ready to use.

i thought i havent installed the new driver and firmware package correctly, so ive done a manully reset of the firmware and installed it again and reinstalled the drivers twice but it still doing stange thing with the lights.

when play the rmx with virtualdj its fine.

7 Answers
Topic starter

strange thing and.. funny 🙂

is your console connected directly to your computer´s USB or via an external powered hub?

the same happens in other USB ports?

7 Answers
Topic starter

Hi TheK, It is strange mate. My RMX is plugged directly into one of my Laptop USB ports, I have tried this on 3 of my ports. I've been doing some testing and I can tell you more.

When the Laptop is turned on from fresh all the lights do go though the flashing cycle. Now when I close my Laptop it goes into Hibernation, (I think they all do) when I lift the lid and it comes to life (from hibernation) the RMX does the strange lighting cycle as a mentioned in my first post.

So what I can gather is that it's the Hibernation mode that does funny things to the RMX lighting, when starting up from it.

I do hope you understand mate.

7 Answers
Topic starter

Hi Jimmy,

It looks like this stand-by / hibernation mode could be the cause of the power issue. I´ll try on my laptop to see if the same 🙂

What laptop do you have? Is it XP/Vista?

7 Answers
Topic starter

I have a Acer Aspire 5920G with Vista Home Premium

7 Answers
Topic starter

I have created a Youtube account and Uploaded a Short video clip for you to take a look at.

Sorry about the quality, but you can see what I'm talking about.

7 Answers
Topic starter

hey, I just saw your post in youtube.. did the firmware reset really solve the problem? I mean, for me it looked something like laptop specific.. but... 🙂

7 Answers
Topic starter

Yes mate it did, Re-installed the drivers and did the manaul reset of the firmware and it's all good nowCool

For the mod's, sorry team but I've just clicked on something I shouldn't have (flagged) by mistake on TheK last post. Sorry dudes.

7 Answers
Topic starter

strange thing and.. funny 🙂

is your console connected directly to your computer´s usb or via an external powered hub?

the same happens in other usb ports?

Topic starter

hi thek, it is strange mate. my rmx is plugged directly into one of my laptop usb ports, i have tried this on 3 of my ports. ive been doing some testing and i can tell you more.

when the laptop is turned on from fresh all the lights do go though the flashing cycle. now when i close my laptop it goes into hibernation, (i think they all do) when i lift the lid and it comes to life (from hibernation) the rmx does the strange lighting cycle as a mentioned in my first post.

so what i can gather is that its the hibernation mode that does funny things to the rmx lighting, when starting up from it.

i do hope you understand mate.

Topic starter

hi jimmy,

it looks like this stand-by / hibernation mode could be the cause of the power issue. i´ll try on my laptop to see if the same 🙂

what laptop do you have? is it xp/vista?

Topic starter

i have a acer aspire 5920g with vista home premium

Topic starter

i have created a youtube account and uploaded a short video clip for you to take a look at.

sorry about the quality, but you can see what im talking about.

Topic starter

hey, i just saw your post in youtube.. did the firmware reset really solve the problem? i mean, for me it looked something like laptop specific.. but... 🙂

Topic starter

yes mate it did, re-installed the drivers and did the manaul reset of the firmware and its all good nowcool

for the mods, sorry team but ive just clicked on something i shouldnt have (flagged) by mistake on thek last post. sorry dudes.