Notifications
Clear all

hercules rmx problems

12 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi !

ive had a few problems with my rmx. the main one i have now is sound..

the sound is very bad and keeps cutting out to a muffled sound (like the speakers are underwater!)

ive installed the new drivers but still the same if not worse.

ive also had latancy problems but it seems alot better than it was.

i noticed when i change the settings for asio in the control panel, everytime i open vdj they go back to 44100hz / 480 (10 ms)

can anyone help?

6 Answers
Topic starter

I don't have my RMX yet, should be here this afternoon or tomorrow...

But, in playing around with a Virtual DJ demo, this is what I have found works the best on my 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo laptop:

With these settings I can go + or - 33% on the pitch (with keylock on) without it sounding terrible, scratch responsiveness is good, and videos are smooth and mix/crossfade/etc well.

At any rate, if you use the Auto latency setting it shouldn't change what you've set in your RMX control panel.  My guess is that is the root cause of your audio issues.

Overall latency is dependent on several factors, only one of which being the sound card.  Most likely the sound card is capable of a much lower setting than your computer can handle.  Start with a low setting in the RMX control panel and keep increasing it until you find one that gives you good audio.  Unfortunately this means that in some cases you may end up with some noticable delay between when you push a button and the audio plays or changes, if it's the best you can achieve with your current set up it's often something you just have to get used to... Though I'm sure there are several other tweaks you can do to the rest of your computer to improve the overall latency, I can't offer any help with that.

Hope this helps somewhat. 🙂

6 Answers
Topic starter

Hi, thanks for replying but unfortunaltley you don't get them settings on the LE version of VDJ you get with the unit

6 Answers
Topic starter

Hmmm... I would think you should still be able to set it to auto latency.  Dunno.  Sorry. 🙁

6 Answers
Topic starter

I've managed to get the latancy alot better but my sound is still very bad. Seems like the drivers are conflicting with something?
This is with any sound on my computer so can't even play music on my PC!

Gonna go try and remove the drivers and re-install them.

6 Answers
Topic starter

Hi Leeno, have u sorted it? It could be IRQ conflicts on ur system.

6 Answers
Topic starter

Hi Spinner, well the muffled sound problem seems to have sorted its self as I haven't changed anything else...

BUT

The problems I'm now getting are..

1. Sound blips every 3 or 4 secs

2. The whole sound going crazy when trying to load a new track.

I've tried following some advice from some guys on the VDJ Forum but the problem I've having is I change the settings in the Hercules Control Panel but as soon as I open VDJ they change back again !!

I've just about given up and gonna try and take it back to Digital Village on monday. (I've had it about 3 months though and not had a mix on it yet!)

6 Answers
Topic starter

i dont have my rmx yet, should be here this afternoon or tomorrow...

but, in playing around with a virtual dj demo, this is what i have found works the best on my 2.0ghz core 2 duo laptop:

with these settings i can go + or - 33% on the pitch (with keylock on) without it sounding terrible, scratch responsiveness is good, and videos are smooth and mix/crossfade/etc well.

at any rate, if you use the auto latency setting it shouldnt change what youve set in your rmx control panel.  my guess is that is the root cause of your audio issues.

overall latency is dependent on several factors, only one of which being the sound card.  most likely the sound card is capable of a much lower setting than your computer can handle.  start with a low setting in the rmx control panel and keep increasing it until you find one that gives you good audio.  unfortunately this means that in some cases you may end up with some noticable delay between when you push a button and the audio plays or changes, if its the best you can achieve with your current set up its often something you just have to get used to... though im sure there are several other tweaks you can do to the rest of your computer to improve the overall latency, i cant offer any help with that.

hope this helps somewhat. 🙂

Topic starter

hi, thanks for replying but unfortunaltley you dont get them settings on the le version of vdj you get with the unit

Topic starter

hmmm... i would think you should still be able to set it to auto latency.  dunno.  sorry. 🙁

Topic starter

ive managed to get the latancy alot better but my sound is still very bad. seems like the drivers are conflicting with something?
this is with any sound on my computer so cant even play music on my pc!

gonna go try and remove the drivers and re-install them.

Topic starter

hi leeno, have u sorted it? it could be irq conflicts on ur system.

Topic starter

hi spinner, well the muffled sound problem seems to have sorted its self as i havent changed anything else...

but

the problems im now getting are..

1. sound blips every 3 or 4 secs

2. the whole sound going crazy when trying to load a new track.

ive tried following some advice from some guys on the vdj forum but the problem ive having is i change the settings in the hercules control panel but as soon as i open vdj they change back again !!

ive just about given up and gonna try and take it back to digital village on monday. (ive had it about 3 months though and not had a mix on it yet!)