crossfader problem

Notifications
Clear all

crossfader problem

14 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i was practicing with my rmx tonight when suddenly the crossfader started acting crazy. now when i apply pressure to the crossfader it moves back and forth rapidly on my pc with vdj software. even if i tap the rmx it moves the crossfader on the screen back and forth rapidly even though its not physically moving. is the crossfader broken? ive only had this unit for 6 mos. =(

9 Answers

To make sure this is not a hardware issues, test your DJ Control using the following procedure:

Also make sure you have the latest update for Virtual DJ.

9 Answers
Topic starter

tested and it won't display 127 as it should, it stops at 93. Is it hardware problem ??

9 Answers

Sure looks like it.

One thing you may want to try before getting a replacement might be to slightly (meaning not completely) loosen the screws on both side of the crossfader. Maybe it got screwed in too tight and the frame is preventing the crossfader from reaching its maximum position. 

9 Answers
Topic starter

I tried and first nothing happend but when i screwed them back it worked for a little while before it went back again.

9 Answers
Topic starter

I got it working by adjusting the screws when looking in the MIDI program! thank you!

9 Answers
Topic starter

use the following test procedure to see if the problem is consistant outside of vdj

if this is the case, verify that the screws on either side of the crossfader are no loose.

Topic starter

dj phatso, thank you so much for the quick response. i tested my rmx with midi monitor and the crossfader is doing the same thing. even if i lightly touch the crossfader the values are constantly scrambling between 0-127. this happens when i push other buttons or even touch the rmx in the slightest. i tighted the screws a little (they were already pretty tight) and tried again but noticed no difference. i think the crossfader is broken, i went ahead and sent an e-mail to the technical support team, and im going to try and call them today. thanks again for your suggestion, i really appreciate you trying to resolve the issue for me.

p.s. i talked to technical support, and they are sending a new crossfader with instructions on how to install. =d

Topic starter

hello lofosho,

1) can you look in the rmx control panel to check the firmware version and precise this complete detailed version number? your issue may be a firmware issue instead of a hardware problem.

2) the rmx has no separate printed circuit board for the crossfader, so i dont believe you may install a crossfader by yourself, i suppose the technical support has made a confusion with the dj control steel which has a separate printed circuit board for the crossfader. so, if the crossfader doesnt work, and if it is not a firmware issue, you must exchange the rmx.

Topic starter

hey maxdjack,
thanks for the feedback. here is the information you asked about and some more just incase it helps.
-firmware: 1.1.4.31
-driver: 4.8.9.0
-package: 2.hdjs.2010

what you said about the circuit board actually confirms what i had originally feared. as an experienced tech junkie im almost 90% sure that its broken. it has worked fine for the last 6 mos. and started acting up when i was practicing a routine a few days ago. the problem quickly became worse with every move of the crossfader. i have taken really good care of the unit though, i never taken it out of my odyssey flight case.

- also the tech support team had me send a picture of the consol, and a copy of my original invoice so if they did mistake it for the steel hopefully they will catch it. ill call them again too and double check.

Topic starter

i revieved my new crossfader in the mail today, but there are no instructions with it. i called tech support but they wont be able to send them to me until tomorrow. does anyone have a copy of these instructions they could send me by chance?

Topic starter

hello lofosho,

i am surprised hercules tech support sends you a cross-fader since, if your hercules dj console rmx is 6-month old, it is still under warranty, while as the rmx crossfader is not located on a separate circuit board, i suppose your removing a crossfader on the printed circuit board would break the warranty.
if your rmx was no longer on warranty, i would understand this sending a crossfader (it is better to give you a solution than no solution), but if your rmx is still unders warranty, it is better to return the rmx for a repair.

i ask a member of hercules team to contact you.

Topic starter

hello lofosho,

have you received the instructions now?

Topic starter

please tell me where can i find a crossfader for my rmx?(its 100%hardware problem)

Topic starter

i am having the exact same problem with my right pitch fader.  tech support told me via email they would send me a new potentiometer or fader if i wanted.  i emailed them back 3 days ago asking about it but they havent gotten back to me yet.

is the installation of a new fader/potentiometer complicated or is it fairly simple?