Notifications
Clear all

djuced wont load win10 crashing

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
hi there
software wont start keeps crashing @ initalizing audio engine.
have installed and uninstalled. same.
gets this far then stops dead and wont go any further

Hello Ian-Houghton,

Welcome to the forum.
It is good you completed your profile here but it would be useful also that you precise your version of Djuced.
Let's consider you use today's version of Djuced (5.2.2)

This error message probably means
- Djuced has detected an audio device declared in Windows (a real or a virtual device, as an ASIO driver)
- but the audio device is not responding when the software initializes the audio engine.

As a first attempt, I suggest you
- close djuced and reboot Windows 
- go in the Documents\DJUCED folder (in C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\DJUCED)
- delete the file config.xml
- and restart Djuced.

If it does not work, you should check which audio devices (real or virtual) are installed in your computer, and if one is detected by music programs but does not answer, uninstall it.

https://www.djuced.com/kb/djuced-is-stuck-on-the-splash-screen-what-can-i-do/

Topic starter
HI There Thanks for the reply!
I have tried using Version 4 , 5.0.5 and 5.2.2
and getting the SAME results with all of them!
Im finding that the folder " Documents\DJUCED" is not FULLY created until after a sucessful run of the program.
The file config.xml is NOT listed in the root of that folder?
I have uninstalled, rebooted, installed, rebooted, run the software same issues, uninstall, reboot, install different version, same issue, reboot uninstall and reboot
My system is working WELL and all drivers, Windows \ sound card\ are all upto date.
MY soundcard is set to work at 48K as well as 41.1K and outputs via SPIDIF
Thanks
Ian
Topic starter

What antivirus software are you using? In the past there was an issue with Avast.

Hello,

Having no contents in documents\DJUCED folder except for the manual folder is normal if Djuced has never run on the computer.

If Djuced cannot write in that folder, it remains blocked @ "initializing audio engine", so as Sityi suggested, it is probably due to an antivirus, or maybe you use a guest user account  (to install the software, you need an administrator account" of Windows. 

Topic starter
Hi there yes i am running AVG / Avast.
Software was installed as an ADMIN, and my account is an ADMIN.
Document's folder for both ADMIN account and mine have FULL CONTROL so....
Not really wanting to uninstall the AV software to make software RUN!
Any other Ideas?
Thanks
Topic starter

Hello,

Having no contents in documents\DJUCED folder except for the manual folder is normal if Djuced has never run on the computer.

If Djuced cannot write in that folder, it remains blocked @ "initializing audio engine", soas Sityi suggested, it is probably due to an antivirus, or maybe you use a guest user account  (to install the software, you need an administrator account" of Windows. 

Currently using AVG, who has been bought by Avast.
Dont want to uninstall AV software!
Topic starter

Hi,

With the antivirus blocking trusted software, you may 

• add the trusted software to the scan exclusions of the antivirus

https://support.avg.com/SupportArticleView?l=en&urlname=AVG-Antivirus-scan-exclusions
https://support.surfshark.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011974060-How-to-make-an-exception-for-Surfshark-in-the-AVG-antivirus-settings-

• or disable the antivirus while installing the trusted software and running its 1st session

https://support.avg.com/SupportArticleView?l=en&urlname=Disable-AVG-Antivirus

• or wait for an update of the antivirus.

2 candid questions

• What makes you prefer AVG over Windows Defender (built in Windows 10)?
  • Does AVG support streaming service?
Topic starter
Hi Yasssssss
It was really quite a simple choice to choose AVG over that of Windows Defender!
on another system i had before it got toasted by ransomware it was running Windows Defender!
IT just stolled right in and made its self at home
The other system was running AVG and blocked the attack!
So the choice is simple really!
Never had any issue with streaming never had any other issues with installing software and getting it to work.
I have now decided to no longer bother with Djuced and downloaded and install and have it working correctly each and every time, With AVG install Virtual DJ.
SO i can only summise there is some issue with Djuced 5.2.2 and the spec of my machine.
Thanks everyone for the help and support.

Hello Ian,

Thanks for your message.

Can you precise your version of AVG virus definition package so that we check if we can duplicate this issue (if it is caused by AVG)?

Are you the sole user account on this Windows computer?