Notifications
Clear all

djuced starlight custom mapping

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey there!

im not sure how can i edit properly the midi mapping files in djuced, and i saw you helped other people with custom mappings, so if possible, can you take my custom mapping request as well, please?
i have read somewhere (on reddit or in an amazon customer review) where someone solved library browsing with the starlight in serato by mapping browsing to shift + jog wheel forward / rewind and select / loading to shift + play / pause. would it be hard to implement something similar for djuced as well? i guess utilising both wheels for browsing could be a good idea, so when one deck is in use, browsing can be done with the other.

many thanks in advance!

Hello Sityi,

The Starlight mapping you describe is already mapped in Djuced 5.06:
- Shift + Jog top suface = Browser
- Shift + Play =  Load on deck 1 or 2

Browsing features not mapped yet:
1- Toggle browser between track /folder browser
2- Extend a folder in the browser
3- Move to the browser upper level

If you have any suggestion of where to map the commands 1, 2, 3, please let me know.  

Topic starter

Damn, I haven't noticed this. Thank you very much, that's perfect. Usually I'm in one folder or playlist, so I'm perfectly fine with this mapping.

Edit: One thing just got me - can the Shift + Bass/Filter combo be arranged to switch the filter / effects switch below the filter knob in Djuced?

Topic starter

Hello Sityi,

The Starlight mapping you describe is already mapped in Djuced 5.06:
- Shift + Jog top suface = Browser
- Shift + Play =  Load on deck 1 or 2

Browsing features not mapped yet:
1- Toggle browser between track /folder browser
2- Extend a folder in the browser
3- Move to the browser upper level

If you have any suggestion of where to map the commands 1, 2, 3, please let me know.  

Hello,
Please if you can help me, i'm looking for Hercules Starlight mapping for either serato or djuced that could take of advantage of the free knobs function when pressing shift. i want a mapping with : 
-Shift + Bass knob --> High knob 
-Shift + filter knob --> Medi knob
-Shift + Volume knob --> Effect knob or Gain Knob (either will be awesome addition)

If you can help me please, i will be very thankfull
Also, if you want to explain me to create my serato or djuced mapping would be amazing 

Many thanks 

-Shift + Bass knob --> Hi knob