hercules rmx 2 micr...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules rmx 2 microphone can use in vocal recording?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

good day guys!

hi, i would like to ask if the rmx2 microphone out can b use in vocal recording??
we are planning to make a name drop, vocals, etc..

im using vdj 8 / vdj 7

settings? software?? 

thank u guys in advance..

cheers! 

Hello Ajajude,

You can record the microphone input in VirtualDJ 7 or 8.

For example in VirtualDJ 8 LE > Audio settings
- Set Hercules DJConsole Rmx2 ASIO as sound card
- Output: speaker + headphone
- Input: microphone (using the channel DJConsole Rmx2 1 & 2)

And then, if you activate the microphone input (with the button Mic On/Off on the Rmx2), and you record the mix (display the Master menu in VDJ mixer area), you record the microphone input in the mix.

When you use the microphone, you don't hear the microphone input in the headphones, whether you preview the mix or the cue, you don't hear the microphone input, but you know the microphone input is working because you see the microphone Vu-meter in the master menu.

Please write in small letters?
On a forum, writing in capital letters mean either you insist on one word, or you shout.

Topic starter

hello!

okay thanks max,
and im sorry that my letters are capitalized 🙂
i used always CAPSLOCK .. btw thanks so much !

Topic starter

Hi,
It feels like I'm missing something... I'm interesting in this model (I've owned several other Hercules controllers and I like all Laughing) and I'm almost sure that you CANNOT (sorry for my caps) record your voice with the music.

First off... What did you mean with that? Recording onto your PC with the bundled DJ software or recording your voice and using another output?

If I'm not sure, I'm pretty clueless. There is not manual on the internet for this model so I've read the RMX's instead which has a very similar I/O layout and it states in page 16:

When you use the talkover option for your microphone, your voice is mixed via hardware and you can still use inputs 1/2; however, you cannot record your microphone with this configuration.

So.... You can still record your voice and the music played by your DJ software BUT not line 1/2 and your voice? I'm right?

It seems that this device has four soundcards, two for inputs, two for outputs but it doesn't necessarily mean they are completly separated one from each other, aren't they?

PS: Another question... where is the on/off buttom for powering the XLR mic? Is phantom power doesn't included?

Hello Oscarito,

If you have Hercules DJ Console Rmx, you can record your voice with the music if you use a software which records.
It is also the same process:
- you set the microphone as audio input 1-2 instead of the Line input
- you activate the source 1 input, so the microphone replaces the left deck (often deck A)
- you set the microphone on (but you DO NOT activate the talk-over Mic On/off button)
- and you can record your microphone input in the mix.
Here is the guideline for DJ Console Rmx, it was posted there on VirtualDJ website 5 years ago.

If you have a pro DJ software (VirtualDJ Pro or Traktor Pro), it is better as you can use the 4-deck interface, assign the microphone on deck C, and keep on controlling virtual tracks on deck A and deck B.

Regarding DJConsole Rmx2, there is an XLR microphone input (a balanced microphone connector), but it has no phantom power.