control air wont wo...

Notifications
Clear all

control air wont work even after update. maybe firmware not updating properly??

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

so i bought a control air 2nd hand,  have downloaded drivers, 3 ticks on firmware update its at version 4.0.3. and nothing works the jog wheel lights are back lit along with the effect/loop/sample buttons. have tried the firmware updater by pressing files and folder button also. when i plug in the controller it does the light show then jus goes blank. djuiced says the controller is ready at bottom of screen but i get nothing. please help. have seen a way how to flash the controller with some progrsm but i have no knowledge of this really...

Hello,

Welcome on the forum.

1) A DJ controller is a computer peripheral, so most technical issues are related to computer & software settings so please complete your technical profile:
https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/informations/ .
a) in "Hercules equipment in use": check the name of your DJ controller: is it a DJ Control Air or a DJControl Air+,
b) In Software in use, check Djuced

c) In "Describe your equipment": describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows or macOS (for example Windows 10 64-bit built 1909), type of USB (USB2, USB 3), USB connection (direct or through a USB hub or through a USB-C adapter - brand and model of the USB hub and the USB-C adapter), version of DJConsole Series driver package for example 2020_HDJS_1, version number of Djuced, for example Djuced 5.0.9.

2) I do not understand the meaning of "3 ticks on the firmware update".
Please run Hercules DJ control panel, go to the "About" tab, and list what is written for:

Package:
Firmware:
Driver:
Midi Map:
DJ Api:

3) Please go in the "Advanced" tab of the Hercules DJ control panel, and check the MIDI channel.
If it is not on the default channel (1 in Windows), then set it on the default MIDI channel.