djcontrol compact r...

Notifications
Clear all

djcontrol compact remap?

11 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi, ive been using my djcontrol compact for a while now and am really happy with it. however i would like to change one thing. the mapping of the mid knob. i would like it to be changed for me to filter. does anyone have a .djm file for this or have any idea how to do this?

Hello DeadlyCopter,

Welcome to the forum.

You can download an alternate mapping for DJControl Compact from  https://we.tl/t-IoZ7fZCguR

1. Copy it in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\DJUCED\midi in Windows
    or in Macintosh HD > Users  > Username > Documents > DJUCED > midi in macOS 
  2. Run Djuced, go in Settings > Mapping
  3. Click on Import and import the midi configuration file 
  4. Once the mapping is imported, select the mapping (Alternate DJControl Compact mapping) in Djuced menu and click on OK

And the medium knobs should control the filter in Djuced.

And the medium knobs should control the filter
Cheers,
Max, from UX Team
Topic starter

Sorry, I only just saw this, it says the file transfer has expired. Do you think you could send another link? Thanks, Deadly

Hello DeadlyCopter,

Please check on https://we.tl/t-NIJHDpX6im

Topic starter

yes

Hello Williamarinnes,

Please precise which mapping you look for.

Topic starter

Hello,
I have recently bought a second handed Hercules DJControl Compact and I am interested in several questions regarding this controller. Since this is my first ever DJ controller I am interested into how many DJ software support this controller?
I have already tested it on DJUCED and VDJ, just on VDJ it requres to buy licence after 30 days trial.

Additionally I would be interested into maping this controller at least on DJUCED for now. I have found that you can do that only on .djm file I have opened it but I don't have enough knowledge how to modify that documet. 

-I would like to map SYNC buttons + scratch wheels to controll GAIN, alternatively on A and B sides. (I am ok to ditch both SYNC buttons)
-Also I would like to ditch REC button where it would control CUE sides on headphones, like on the first press I would hear A side on headphone, on the second press - B side and on third press both lines, or if third press is not possible then SHIFT+REC to hear both lines.

If that would be possible to map it would be really appreaciated.

Topic starter

Hello, I want the same mapping as DeadlyCopter, mid knob as filter, but the link is dead. ¿Can you share it again? Please.

Topic starter
I have managed to do it by comparing with the .djm of other tables, it was just changing these two lines:
I have learned how to do it by comparing with the .djm of other controllers, it was just modifying these two lines on .djm file:

<map action="chann=1  action=set_pass_filter_amount value=&quot;auto&quot;" name="MEDIUM_DA"/>

<map action="chann=2  action=set_pass_filter_amount value=&quot;auto&quot;" name="MEDIUM_DB"/>

I think this way of showing how it's done instead of sharing links is better, it lasts forever.

Hello mpls95,

1) Welcome to the forum.

2) Please complete your technical profile before posting on the forum as described here.
If you take the time to post 2 messages, you may spend 2 more minutes to complete your technical profile with the most vital technical information as:
- name of your DJ controller,
- name of your DJ software and version of this DJ software,
- name and version of your operating system (version of Windows or macOS)?

3) You can download here the mapping of Djuced software (compatible with Djuced version 6.0.2) for DJControl Compact to control Filter on Medium knob.
In the link I explain where to place the mapping in Windows. The link will last 1 week.

Topic starter
Hello, thank you very much for the welcome.

Sorry for not introducing myself, but I don't understand the hostility on the subject of not specify my software and OS. I really wanted the exact same thing as DeadlyCopter, if it wasn't compatible that would be my problem, but i have the same SW and I just wanted you guys to re-upload the exact same .djm file.

Likewise, I'm sorry for our misunderstanding and I'll throw another question. Is there any wiki/documentation which I can use as a guide to modify the .djm's by myself without needing to compare with the files of other controllers? A document explaining what each "action" does and the names of the buttons. How do you do it? Comparing and intuiting based on the name of the actions/buttons like me?

As a newcomer proposal, I think that the issue of asking the administrators to modify the djm's and then upload them in temporary links is quite inefficient. And with how easy it is to teach how to edit files by your own... if there is no such wiki/tutorial, I volunteer to do it. It doesn't make much sense to bother you, when with a simple document that explains how to change an xml with the correct values we can do it instantly and without waiting for you to reply.

Greetings, thank you very much for answering.

Hello,

1) I am not hostile otherwise I would not have answered, but writing the software name and the controller name is needed to get a mapping file, and writing the operating system is needed to get a process to load the mapping  

Last week, a DJControl Inpulse 200 owner asked for a mapping, (s)he got a long and precise answer by a third party explaining what to do, and the DJC Inpulse 200 owner did not answer as (s)he had expected an answer for Djuced while the third party had answered for Traktor Pro 3, just because the DJ controller owner had not written the name of the DJ app.

2) Hercules DJ Mix Room is not dedicated to 1 DJ specific application: there are more questions on Djuced and Serato DJ as these apps are bundled in several Hercules DJ controllers, but we answer also about djay, Djuced, Mixxx, Serato, Traktor, VirtualDJ.

3) Editing mapping files in an XML editor is a temporary process: a future app with Djuced inside should include a mapping engine (I do not know when this may be released). The day this app is released, users asking for a mapping update will be directed on this app.

4) Hercules DJ Mix Room will close soon: the forum engine is old, the moderation is handled by advanced users, the administration made by Hercules. 
A new forum is planned, at another address, for Hercules, with both moderation and administration handled by Hercules.
If this forum can require from users that they fill the DJ software, DJ controller and operating system info, it will make the forum much better than this one. I have no plan to be on the new forum once it is fully released since I will be happy to see people from Hercules moderating the forum.