efffects knob chang...

Notifications
Clear all

efffects knob change

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi i love my inpulse 500 and i love using djuced. however, i was wondering if its possible to remap the efffects so they are on the mic section knobs. where top button is the select button of the effect and the second to top button is channel 2s effect, and the bottom knob is channel 1s effect.

thanks

Hello JAFarrow,

Welcome to the forum.

DJControl Inpulse 500 mic section knobs are hardware controls, so whatever the way they are mapped in Djuced:
- 1st knob controls the mic input Volume,
- 2nd knob controls the mic input High frequencies,
- 3rd knob controls the mic input Low frequencies.

They also send MIDI command, so they can be mapped to control something else, if you use no microphone on the controller.

Regarding the 1st knob, microphone volume, I would not map anything on this control as
- if you set microphone volume to the max, it gets noise, even if no microphone is connected, so this control should not be assigned to any other function else than microphone volume,
- for a "FX select" feature  as you want to assign, a smooth rotary potentiometer is not the adequate control

• the potentiometer has no step so you do not feel when you go up or down in the list of FX,
  • the potentiometer travel is limited (with a min and a max) so the mapping must divide the potentiometer travel in some zones and assign each zone to an FX, but if a new FX is added after the mapping, this new FX is not mapped, so it can never be used in Djuced, as the potentiometer position with instead set its own FX. 

I would rather map the "FX select function" on Shift+Autoloop rotary encoder (the rotary encoder has steps, so it is really made to browse in a list), but I find the pads Mode 6 (FX pad) quite simple to select the FX:
- in Mode 6, pads 1, 2, 3 enable/disable FX 1, 2, 3, and pads 4, 6, 7 change the FX select on slots 1, 2, 3. 

For the other 2 controls, High and Low, yes, it is easy to map the control of FX1 modulation on Deck 1 and Deck 2.