Notifications
Clear all

impulse 500 / apply 2 effects at the same time

12 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi guys,

i tried impulse 500 while on holidays (it was not mine): it rocks, it is better than impulse 300.

i did not see how to play 2 effects at the same time (e.g 1 filter + 1 effect) on impulse 500.

i know getting a clean nice sound means one should not play 2 effects at the same time, but 1 effect at a time, 1 after the other, it is how colour fx are processed on mixing tables, and performers know 1 effect at a time makes a cool sound while 2 effects at the same time make a blurry sound.
anyway, while training, i may like playing 2 fx at the same time to choose which fx i will play first.
so can i do it on impulse 500, playing 2 effects at the same time?

Hello Yasssss,

Thanks for the kind words on DJControl Inpulse 500.

To play 2 Fx at the same time on the same deck with DJControl Inpulse 500, let's play for example on deck 1:
High pass filter
&
Echo.

1) In Djuced
a) Control with 1 pad + 1 key + 1 rotary knob
Set left deck pads in Mode 6 (FX mode = Shift + Mode 2) => Assign Echo to first FX slot.

Apply
High pass filter => turn the filter knob of deck 1 leftward (filter knob moved to the left = HPF, High Pass Filter)

Echo => Press pad 1 in Mode 6 = Play Echo

In this way, you apply a high pass filter on deck 1 with filter knob while you apply an echo with pad 1.

b) Control with 2 pads
Set left deck pads in Mode 6 (FX mode = Shift + Mode 2) => Assign Echo to first FX slot => Assign High Pass Filter on second FX slot

Apply
Echo => Press pad 1 in Mode 6 = Play Echo

Filter=> Press pad 2 in Mode 6 = Play High Pass Filter

In this way, you apply an echo with pad 1 and a high pass filter on deck 1 with pad 2.

2) In Serato DJ Pro
Set High Pass filter as Fx1 on 1st FX rack (left)
Set Echo as Fx1 on 2nd Fx rack (right), and set the second Fx rack to deck 1

Apply
High pass filter => activate Fx1 on the centre of DJControl Inpulse 500 / turn the left Filter Fx knob to modulate the HP Filter
Echo =>  activate Fx1 on the centre of DJControl Inpulse 500  / turn the right Filter Fx knob to modulate the Echo

In Serato DJ Lite, I do not think one can assign the FX rack on deck 1 or on deck 2, so I do not think you can apply 2 FX at the same time on DJControl Inpulse 500 (but you can still do it with your mouse).

Topic starter

Is there at way to switch between the FX banks (A & B) in Serato pro using the controller? 

This way I can save FX bank A so I can trigger two FX whilst deck 1 is playing, and I can save FX Bank B so I can trigger two effects whilst deck 2 is playing. But currently I have to click manually using the mouse to switch between? 

Thanks,

Joe.  

Hello Joe,

Welcome on the forum.

Yes, it is possible to map in Serato DJ Pro controls to choose on which side the FX racks are enabled.
Here is a mapping for DJControl Inpulse 500 to select in Serato DJ Pro on which decks each FX rack is enabled.
Its uses Pads 5 & 6 in Mode 2 (Loop - Roll) to assign FX rack on a deck:

Deck 1 Pads 5 & 6 control FX Rack 1
- Pad 5: assigns/disables FX Rack 1 on deck 1
- Pad 6: assigns/disables FX Rack 1 on deck 2 

Deck 2 Pads 5 & 6 control FX Rack 2
- Pad 5: assigns/disables FX Rack 2 on deck 1
- Pad 6: assigns/disables FX Rack 2 on deck 2 

You have to copy the XML file in the following folder

- Mac: Users --> Music --> _Serato_ --> MIDI
- Windows: MyDocuments --> MyMusic --> _Serato_ --> MIDI
WeTransfer keeps this transfer link validfor only 7 days, so do not wait over 1 week to download the file. 
Topic starter

Is there a way to still download these mappings?

Hello SCXWizard,

The mapping mentionned in this discussion in 2020 was not a mapping to control FX with the pads (as you talk about here) but only to switch on which deck the FX racks are applied.
So with this mapping
- you enabled/disable FX on the FX keys located between the 2 FX/Filter knobs,
- you switch the FX racks between left & right decks with pads 5 and 6 of Mode 2 (Loop roll) 

Please confirm this Serato Pro mapping of 2020 is what you want, since if you prefer to simply replace a full pad mode by an FX mode, it requires another mapping, which we can write as:
- Pads 1 to 3 activate Fx1, Fx2, Fx3
- Pad 4 assigns/disable the FX rack on deck 1,
- Pads 5 to 7 disable Fx1, Fx2, Fx3, 
- Pad 8 assigns/disable the Fx rack on deck 2,
but we need you to tell which mode this FX mode will replace (there are 8 pad modes in Serato DJ Pro: Mode 1 = Hot cue / Mode 2 = Manual Loop / Mode 3 = Slicer / Mode 4 = Sampler / Mode 5 = Pitch Play / Mode 6 = Loop Roll / Mode 7 = Auto Loop / Mode 8 = Beat grid)
Mode 5 = Pitch requires Pitch n Time.

Topic starter

Hello. Can I also get it this remaping? 

Hello Hrga,

Welcome to the forum.

Please confirm the mapping you ask for is the mapping for DJControl Inpulse 500 in Serato DJ Pro controls to choose on which side the FX racks are enabled using Pads 5 & 6 in Mode 2 (Loop - Roll) to assign FX rack on a deck:

PS:
it is highly needed that users complete their profile technical information in My Space > My Profile.

- in "Hercules Equipment In Use", select the name of the DJ controller
- in "Software In Use", check the name(s) of your DJ software
- in "Describe your equipment", describe your computer
  • brand and model, CPU,RAM
  • Type of USB port (USB 2.0, USB 3.0, USB 3.1...)
  • Environment (as Window 10 64-bit)
  • version of DJ software (as Serato DJ Pro 2.5.9)
  • version of DJ driver (as 2021_HDJS_1)

It takes 5 minutes to complete such information, but it saves days in the understanding of technical questions. 

Topic starter

Hello. Yes I wanna try this setup you are offering. But I crafted in my mind even better if you can help me pre-program it.
It is really anoying to use FX with DJ 500. With DJJ 400 was easyer. But I love DJ 500 it feels better everything and I don't like recordbox program.

So I need extra buttons to help switch FX DECKs.

Is it possible to make like when I press Pads 5 & 6 & 7 & 8... For combos to enable like.

N.5 Pad enables (FX.1) 1 Deck & Enables (FX.2) 1

N.6 Pad enables (FX.1) 2 Deck & Enables (FX.2) 2

N.7 Pad enables (FX.1) 1 Deck & Enables (FX.2) 2

N.8 Pad enables (FX.1) 2 Deck & Enables (FX.2) 1

and could be able to apply on both Decks 1 and 2 insted of splited? And also I would love to try your metod you have allready made it.

Thank you. My english is not the best it is not my native language hope you understand. Cheers

• 2700x AMD, 1070ti 8GB, 32 GB Ram 3200hz
  • Using in USB 2.0 or USB 3.0,
  • Window 10 64-bit
  • Serato DJ Pro 2.5.9
  • 2021_HDJS_1
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
Topic starter

Anyone know how to program DJ Inpulse 500 or anyone would love to help? Thank you

Topic starter

Hello Hrga,

Welcome to the forum.

Please confirm the mapping you ask for is the mapping for DJControl Inpulse 500 in Serato DJ Pro controls to choose on which side the FX racks are enabled using Pads 5 & 6 in Mode 2 (Loop - Roll) to assign FX rack on a deck:

PS:
it is highly needed that users complete their profile technical information in My Space > My Profile.

- in "Hercules Equipment In Use", select the name of the DJ controller
- in "Software In Use", check the name(s) of your DJ software
- in "Describe your equipment", describe your computer
  • brand and model, CPU,RAM
  • Type of USB port (USB 2.0, USB 3.0, USB 3.1...)
  • Environment (as Window 10 64-bit)
  • version of DJ software (as Serato DJ Pro 2.5.9)
  • version of DJ driver (as 2021_HDJS_1)

It takes 5 minutes to complete such information, but it saves days in the understanding of technical questions. 

Can you send me please? Thank you

Hello. Yes I wanna try this setup you are offering. But I crafted in my mind even better if you can help me pre-program it.
It is really anoying to use FX with DJ 500. With DJJ 400 was easyer. But I love DJ 500 it feels better everything and I don't like recordbox program.

So I need extra buttons to help switch FX DECKs.

Is it possible to make like when I press Pads 5 & 6 & 7 & 8... For combos to enable like.

N.5 Pad enables (FX.1) 1 Deck & Enables (FX.2) 1

N.6 Pad enables (FX.1) 2 Deck & Enables (FX.2) 2

N.7 Pad enables (FX.1) 1 Deck & Enables (FX.2) 2

N.8 Pad enables (FX.1) 2 Deck & Enables (FX.2) 1

and could be able to apply on both Decks 1 and 2 insted of splited? And also I would love to try your metod you have allready made it.

Thank you. My english is not the best it is not my native language hope you understand. Cheers

• 2700x AMD, 1070ti 8GB, 32 GB Ram 3200hz
  • Using in USB 2.0 or USB 3.0,
  • Window 10 64-bit
  • Serato DJ Pro 2.5.9
  • 2021_HDJS_1
  • DJControl Inpulse 500

Topic starter

Can you send me the mapping

Topic starter

Is it still possible to get this mapping and how do you set it up, because i want fx 1 and fx 3 button to be on deck A effects and fx 2 and fx4 to be on deck B effects on serato pro