inpulse 500 right j...

Notifications
Clear all

inpulse 500 right jog wheel issues

18 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi my controller been working fine - i have recently been trying to do live stream on youtube - using trrs cable on my phone linked to phones and have been just using the headphones to mix in
i have noticed that the only thing the right jog wheel will do now is if i touch it the music stops - no reverse or forward spin or pitch vend have tried vinyl - slip etc modes no change i have rest the djuced software to default still nothing will allow me to use the right jog wheel in full

cheers in advance

Topic starter

have i put this in the right place for help - thanks?

Hello,

Welcome on the forum.
I did not answer sooner as I thought you would post more technical information to let forum readers duplicate your issue.

1) Please complete your profile with technical information on your device in My Space > My Profile

- in "Hercules Equipment In Use", select your controller: DJControl Inpulse 500
- in "Software In Use", check the name(s) of your DJ software: Djuced
- in "Describe your equipment", describe your computer
  • brand and model
  • CPU
  • RAM
  • Type of USB port
  • Environment (Eg. Window 10 64-bit)
  • version of DJ software (Eg. Djuced 5.1.1)
  • version of DJ driver (Eg. 2020_HDJS_1)
  • What is your version of Djuced (for example Djuced 5.1.2).

2) Please precise if you get the result you expect
a) on the left deck jog wheel when you do the same actions,
b) on the right deck jog wheel when you try to do the same actions in Serato DJ Lite.

3) Please precise if this right jog wheel issue is similar or not whether the computer power adapter is connected or not.

Topic starter

hi thanks for the reply

i got it working again - dunno how just plugged it in and it was fine - thenb set it up again and the problem came back, was mixing for 3 hours and about 2 hours in the right jog was working fine with full function

hope below answers all questions

downlaoded seroto and the right wheel was the same
latest version of djuced being used
left jog wheel has full function never stopped working at all
dont know what type of USB just the 2 there is on side of laptop tried both
most upto date djuced and driver in use
when the issue is happening - it still happens if i take out power adaptor or not

again - it wasnt working while i was mixing the other night 2 hrs in it was all normal?

HP laptop 14

LAPTOP-LAN0RTN0

Processor ----  AMD A4 -9125 RADEON R3 4 COMPUTE CORES 2C +2G 2.30GHZ

RAM 4GB

64 bit 

windows 10

thanks again

windows 10

Hello,

I see 3 likely directions

1) The most likely origin: body isolation issue
The jog wheel touch detection is capacitive: a low voltage electric field is on top of the jog wheel and your touch suppresses the low voltage field in connecting it to the ground via your body but you:
- must make sure your body is grounded (at least one foot on the ground, not on a carpet)
- must use only shoes which are  well grounded (if sometimes you get electrostatic shocks when touching metal surfaces, change the shoes when DJing, as their electric isolation disturbs the proper detection of your touching the jog wheels), 
- must of course use bare hands, no gloves.

2) Second possible origin: lack of CPU ressources
Make sure your computer is properly optimized.
Here are guidelines on how to optimize the PC.
The most important cautions are:
- Do not unplug the computer power adaptor: unless you adapt your power plan, avoid mixing on batteries
- Disable the Wifi while mixing on a Windows computer (Wifi is less CPU consuming on macOS)
- Avoid antivirus reducing the computer performance (Windows 10 built-in antivirus is good and for free, but I do not recommend many third party antivirus which are often too CPU consuming)

3) Third possible origin: a hardware issue
If the jog wheel does not react well, it may be due to:
- the computer power outlet being not grounded enough: test you computer in another power outlet,
- the computer power grounding being too limited: test on another computer,
- the computer USB port being not well grounded: test on another USB port, or test via a USB hub which has its power adapter,
- the USB connection being not grounded enough: test with another USB 2.0 cable,
- a bad electric contact in a jog wheel (then this requires a further test, close your DJ software, run Chrome internet browser, go to https://www.midimonitor.com  , and check what you see when you touch the jog wheel.. You should get

• Note On #8 Velocity 0 on channel 2 when you touch deck 1 jog wheel
  • Note On #8 Velocity 127 on channel 2 when you release deck 1 jog wheel
  • Note On #8 Velocity 0 on channel 3 when touching deck 2 jog wheel
  • Note On #8 Velocity 127 on channel 3 when releasing deck 2 jog wheel 
Topic starter

thanks for reply

i have been sitting down and standing up when this problem has both happen and been fine( should be on the descrition of buy the product that you can only use it with certian types of shoes ) lol

ill chsck through the laptop settings iv never had isssues with the laptop before - and as i have said it works sometimes and then not?

Topic starter

p.s

you said 3 possible solution yet only 2 ABOVE

thanks

Hello,

I guess you noticed I have completed the 3 directions.  

Topic starter

hi i have tried all this even ran the midi monitor - still only thing right deck will do is stop playing when touching - no other function - when i got it 3 weeks ago it was ok now i can seem to get right jog whell fully working - VERY FUSTRATING

Hello,

Sorry, but I am not sure I understand your problem as you did not describe exactly what you do: you wrote "no reverse or forward spin or pitch vend have tried vinyl - slip etc modes no change i have rest the djuced software to default still nothing" 

Please confirm if:
- to do a reverse spin, you set the jog wheel in vinyl mode, play the track, place you hand on the jog wheel top platter and turn the the jog wheel backward
- to do a forward spin, you set the jog wheel in vinyl mode, play the track, place you hand on the jog wheel top platter and turn the the jog wheel forward
- to do a pitch bend, you either disable the vinyl mode and turn the jog wheel, or you keep the vinyl mode active but you turn the jog wheel in touching only its ring.

An please precise if the software behaves in a different way between the right and the left jog wheel.  

About your computer, I do no
- find a computer model called LAN0RT0, so I cannot know what its type of USB port is.
- know your version of Djuced, or if the audio device is 'DJControl Inpulse 500 ASIO" mode.

Hello,

A very simple test: If a jog wheel does not work, you should test unplugging/replugging the controller from the USB port.

Topic starter

Ok
I have had an IT guy look at virtual memory  on my laptop and optimized it as much as possible  ...i believe the laptop should work fine tho 

I have tried djuced...seroto....mixxx... and all 3 programmes the right JOG WHEEL won't allow any action at all only thing it does is stops the music when I touch it  won't allow pitch bend or nothing 

Now and then it will work but 95% time it won't
I have tried everything suggested on here and had my laptop looked at and optimized 

Is there anyone on this site knows what my actually problem is or knows anything about it to help me before I take the controller back to shop  get my money back and get the numark  or pioneer....as it is too frustrating and cost near 300 pounds 
Thanks 

Hello,

If you have a defective DJ controller, which happens, you should return your DJ controller as defective.

Topic starter

On my windows 10 PC i have got the same issue: working fine for 1,5 year until 2 days ago: yesterday, the left jog wheel stopped working: the only thing it does, is stoppping song, no back or forward or pitching. I noticed that the hercules tray doesn't show any midi signal when turning back or forward the left jog wheel, and the LEFT vinyl button appears always ON, and doesn't show any midi signal when pushed on the hercules tray. 
Obviously, unplugging and plugging USB cable didn't resolve the issue.
I tried the consolle on a MAC Book pro, with fresh virtual DJ installation, and i got exactly the same issue. 
I will send the consolle back to Thomann.

Hello gotofredj,

Welcome to the forum.

The forum is technically be more efficient if you complete your profile with basic tech informatioon in My space > My Profile here with 

- name of your DJ controller in the field "Hercules Equipement in Use"
- name of your software in the field "Software in use": Djuced, or Serato or another piece of software
-  "Describe your equipment" completed with basic pieces of information on

• computer model (as Microsoft Surface Pro 7+, Core i5 2.4 GHz 11th generation CPU , 8GB RAM, powered by MS Surface Dock 2),
  • type of USB connection (as USB 3.2 connection via the hub integrated in Surface Dock 2 hub, with built-in power adapter)  
  • operating system (as Windows 10 64-bit, version 21H1, build 19043.1165),
  • driver package (as 2020_HDJS_1)
  • DJ software version (as DJUCED 5.2.1).
Let's imagine you have a DJControl Inpulse 500.
If you have a chrome internet browser, then, to test your controller MIDI commands, you can connect your DJ controller, browse to https://www.midimonitor.com  and

1) place your hand on the jog wheel top
- turn the jog wheel clockwise: the MIDI command should be CC#10 value 1 on MIDI channel 2
- turn the jog wheel counterclockwise: the MIDI command should be CC#10 value 127 on MIDI channel 2

2) Place your finger on the jog wheel ring
- turn the left jog wheel clockwise: if you turn fast enough on the jog ring, on a DJControl Inpulse 500 the MIDI command should be CC#9 value 1 on MIDI channel 2,
- turn the right jog wheel counterclockwise: if you turn fast enough on the jog ring, the MIDI command should be CC#9 value 127 on MIDI channel 2.

3) push on left deck Vinyl key:
- press the key: the MIDI command should be Note #3 Velocity 127 on MIDI channel 2
- release the key: the MIDI command should be Note #3 Velocity 0 on MIDI channel 2

If you get these MIDI commands, please let us know / if you do not get these MIDI commands, please precise what you get. 

Topic starter

Hi, i tried to analizw the consolle command of my impulse 500 at  https://www.midimonitor.com  as you suggested: unfortunately when i touch the top of the left jog wheel, the unique command appear Type and "note on" data "#3 Velocity 0" and when i release finger, "note on" data "#3 Velocity 127".
Nothing happens if i turn the left jog wheel clockwise o counterclockwise.
Nothing happens if i push left Vinyl button
Nothin hasppens if i turn clockwise o counterclockwise the left jog wheel ring.Cry

Definitively malfunction.

Hello,

Yes, either the jog wheel's rotation teeth are either out of reach of the optical encoder counting the rotation steps (and then the encoder moved) or the encoder has turnt defective.
The controller is still under warranty. 

Topic starter

Both of my jog wheels seem stuck. I can spin them manually, but they dont spin for as long as they should after I give them a good spin. They only move about an inch before stopping. How can I fix this? Can I use some sort of computer cleaner aresol to get any dust out? Do I have to take it apart? What should I do? 

Hello mysterywasteman,

Welcome to the forum.

If the DJ controller is still under warranty, you can contact Hercules technical support via the contact form or the phone support on https://support.hercules.com/en/contact-en/ .

If the DJ controller is no longer under warranty, I can send you a guideline via the forum private area (I do not post in public pages of the forum documents which are not public).

Page 1 / 2