Notifications
Clear all

live broadcasting on webradio

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi everyone, 

i want to to know if there is a way to broadcast on a webradio a live mix session using djuced? is there an option to do so like some others software (traktor, serato) do have?

thanks in advance for your help. 

andy j 

Hello,

Please complete your profile and precise
- your version of Djuced,
- your DJ controller
- and your version of Windows or macOS
since the settings depends on the software, the hardware (has it or not a line input) and the operating system.

1) Djuced (as Serato DJ Pro or Traktor Pro 3) does not offer the ability to to connect directly to your online radio station: you must route the audio from your computer/DJ controller with an encoder software as BUTT (Broadcast Using This Tool, on Mac, Windows) and set in BUTT the address of your radio station.
http://www.tingo.ng/manual/dashboard/broadcast-on-radio-channels/broadcast-on-radio-using-butt/

If your online radio provider provides its encoder software, as Mixlr does, you do not need to add an encoding software as BUTT and you can directly broadcast in your radio provider software.

2) The DJ software I know with an embedded setting to broadcast the mix on a webradio is VirtualDJ Pro, here it this setting panel:

NB: coming from France, you can post on Hercules DJ Mix Room French forum pages as the forum is moderated by a french person with whom I share the UX account.

Topic starter

Hi, 
Thanks a lot for this good answer, I really appreciate 🙂
I use Djuced 4.0 with the controller Dj Inpulse 300 on Windows 10 Family. 

I knew about BUTT but I was wondering if there wasn't a direct solution without getting an external software. Is BUTT free to use?

On the French forum part, someone said that it has already been told about a direct radio broadcast with djuced and we are now in 2020, and nothing new... 🤔

Hello Andy J,
Thanks for your message.
I do not remember of a plan to include a radio broadcast in Djuced, but there was a plan to upload automatically the mix on Mixcloud or Soundcloud, and this option is now available in Djuced, in Settings > Connect.
Topic starter
Hello Andy J,
Thanks for your message.
I do not remember of a plan to include a radio broadcast in Djuced, but there was a plan to upload automatically the mix on Mixcloud or Soundcloud, and this option is now available in Djuced, in Settings > Connect.

Hi 🙂
Thanks for answering me. Yes, I know about the SoundCloud upload, but what I'm looking for is a way to stream live on a web radio's server.