Notifications
Clear all

dj control instinct stop working all lights on

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello everyone,

a few weeks ago my hercules dj instinct control just stop working while im playing. all lights have turned on and stop responding. since this happened, every time i plug the usb cable the console start blinking all lights (as usual) and stop with all lights turned on, sending no signal to the software

ive already tried to: update drivers; update firmware; change the cable; format pc; change hd etc...

im using traktor 2 on windows 7 on a dell inspiron 3442, core i3 (already have tryed djuced but, same problem. the software shows that i connect my console but it still not working)

please, someone already solved that problem? 

Hello ZeMaria,

1) What is the name of your DJ controller?
Is it DJControl Instinct or Instinct S Series or DJControl Instinct P8?

DJControl Instinct

DJControl Instinct S Series

DJControl Instinct P8

2) What is your version of Windows 7: 32-bit or 64-bit?
What is your version of DJConsole Series drivers?
Which cable did you change? What was the new cable you used (brand and reference)?
How did you update the firmware?
Did you try on another computer?
Did you try after disconnecting all USB devices from your computer?

Topic starter

Hello fren, thanks for your reply.

1) I have a DJControl Instinct
2) Windows 7 64-bit
3) I changed the USB cable. I was having a bad connection problem that preceeds the "lights up problem", then I thought the problem will desapear if I solve the bad connection problem. I dont have the reference and brand of it, but it is a regular cable, a good one, and the service was done for professionals. Unfortunately the problem persists.
4) I've tryed to update the firmware forcing it.
5) Yes, i've tryed in anoter computer
6) Yes, also i tryed to deactivate all my usb ports for a day just in case...

Thank you again.

Topic starter

Please, help me!
If i could give you more informations to get this help, please tell me!
I don't understand what is wrong with my console... is this a hardware problem?

Hello ZeMaria,

Please describe in detail
- your computer configuration : computer brand, model, type of USB (USB 2 or USB 3), RAM & CPU
- your operating system: is it Windows 7 64-bit SP1?
- your DJ Console series driver package: is it 2019_HDJS_1
https://support.hercules.com/pt/product/djcontrolinstinctp8-pt/

Topic starter

-Computer configuration: Notebook Dell Inspiron 14 3000 Series (I14-3442-A10) | USB 2,  4GB (RAM)  | INTEL Core i3-4005U CPU @1.70GHz

-Operating System: Windows 7 ULTIMATE - 64-bit SP1

-Yes, my drive is 2019_HDJS_1

Hello ZeMaria,

Once the DJControl Instinct is connected, can you

1) go in Windows > Control Panel > Device manager and check if you see any track of DJControl Instinct:
- do you se a group "HERCULESDJMIX Devices" with "Hercules DJControl Instinct ASIO" and "Hercules DJControl Instinct Bulk",
- in "Audio, video and game controllers", you see or not "Hercules DJControl Instinct"
- or do you see one or more "Unkown device" somewhere with an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle?
Please detail what you see: if you can post a screenshot of the device manager with these ections developped, it will be useful (the forum does not host images, but you can use Postimage  https://postimages.org/  to host your image).

2) go in C:\Program Files\DJHERCULESMIX\Audio\DJ Console Series and run HDJSeriesCPL.exe
and then do you see a control panel or nothing on the screen?
If you get a DJControl Instinct conttrol panel, please go in the About tab and let me know what you can read.

PS: I am not sure we imagine the same think when you write you
- update the firmware forcing it, since if the firmware updater sees the DJ controller, it means the computer sees the DJ controller, so the DJ controller is at least partly detected,
- deactivate all USB ports for a day, I just asked you to unplugg all other USB devices, to connect only the DJ Controller to your computer (I had once a DJ Console which was not detected on any USB port, and it was because the USB mouse was in short circuit, which disabled all other USB ports)
so maybe it is just a minor difference of words due to translation, but maybe we think of different actions.