Notifications
Clear all

error in the sound driver? mac rmx

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi guys

iam new at this forum and i  mabey can use the help of you guys.

about 2 weeks ago i bought the hercules dj console rmx for my imac 20 inch
since wednesday i suddently had an: error in the sound driver..?? (strange enough it worked fine the day before)
so i began with uninstalling of virtual dj because i thought that could fixed it.
but stil that didnt worked.. so i looked at the virtualdj (i have the virtualdj home edition) site on forums to look what could cause this error
i tried al kinds of stuff to uninstalling rmx control panel and virtual dj. and change mine audio/midi config. and changed mine usb poorts

in the meanwhile i tryed to register at hercules.com (that was wednesday) but stil i havent got any mails from them
that iam registerd... 

the store where i bought mine rmx said that i could be that it gives this error because i havent registerd yet at their site...
can that be true?

i still dont now what cause this error.. if someone nows this problem .. ore nows a solution please help me then

greets stefan, 

5 Answers

Hi Stefan,

If your DJ Console Rmx is still properly installed and connected on your Mac when you run VirtualDJ, then VirtualDJ DJC 5 doesn't find the "Hercules  DJ Console Rmx Aggregate" driver.

To check you have this driver installed in your Mac

1. connect your DJ Console Rmx to the Mac
  2. boot the Mac
  3. click on the Apple logo (on top lef of your screen)
  4. select the "System Preferences" menu
  5. in the Hardware line, click on "Sound"

=> If you see a line "Hercules DJ Console Rmx Aggregate", then that is not the origin of your message "Error in the sound driver", but if you read no "Hercules DJ Console Aggregate", then that is the origin of your error message.

If you see another aggregate driver while you have no other external audio device currently connected on your Mac, then it is probably the DJ Console Rmx driver which has been renamed in an uninstallation of VirtualDJ, and a solution consists in renaming this aggregate driver.

1. click on the "Macintosh HD" logo
  2. enter in the "Applications" directory
  3. run "Audio MIDI Setup" application
  4. in the top bar of "Audio MIDI Setup", go to the "Audio" menu and click on "Open Aggregate Device Editor"
  5. rename the aggregate driver into  "Hercules DJ Console Rmx Aggregate"

and leave Audio MIDI Setup, you should now be able to run VirtualDJ DJC 5 if Hercules DJ Console Rmx is connected.

5 Answers
Topic starter

I can't find the "Open Aggregate Device Edit" Button. Where can I rename the audiodriver in 10.5?

5 Answers

Hello spltunes,

When you run "Audio MIDI Setup" application, you should see in the bar on top of the Mac screen a menu called "Audio", and when you click on this menu "Audio", you should see an "Open Aggregate Device" menu you can click on.

5 Answers
Topic starter

Thnx for the help!! It works!!

5 Answers
Topic starter

Hi Made in Breizh,

I'm tyrone and i'm beginner, but I've done everything you gave, pass by pass,  but still gives me "error sounds driver" 
Please can I do that?

Thank you!

5 Answers
Topic starter

hi stefan,

if your dj console rmx is still properly installed and connected on your mac when you run virtualdj, then virtualdj djc 5 doesnt find the "hercules  dj console rmx aggregate" driver.

to check you have this driver installed in your mac

1. connect your dj console rmx to the mac
  2. boot the mac
  3. click on the apple logo (on top lef of your screen)
  4. select the "system preferences" menu
  5. in the hardware line, click on "sound"

=> if you see a line "hercules dj console rmx aggregate", then that is not the origin of your message "error in the sound driver", but if you read no "hercules dj console aggregate", then that is the origin of your error message.

if you see another aggregate driver while you have no other external audio device currently connected on your mac, then it is probably the dj console rmx driver which has been renamed in an uninstallation of virtualdj, and a solution consists in renaming this aggregate driver.

1. click on the "macintosh hd" logo
  2. enter in the "applications" directory
  3. run "audio midi setup" application
  4. in the top bar of "audio midi setup", go to the "audio" menu and click on "open aggregate device editor"
  5. rename the aggregate driver into  "hercules dj console rmx aggregate"

and leave audio midi setup, you should now be able to run virtualdj djc 5 if hercules dj console rmx is connected.

Topic starter

i cant find the "open aggregate device edit" button. where can i rename the audiodriver in 10.5?

Topic starter

hello spltunes,

when you run "audio midi setup" application, you should see in the bar on top of the mac screen a menu called "audio", and when you click on this menu "audio", you should see an "open aggregate device" menu you can click on.

Topic starter

thnx for the help!! it works!!

Topic starter

hi made in breizh,

im tyrone and im beginner, but ive done everything you gave, pass by pass,  but still gives me "error sounds driver" 
please can i do that?

thank you!