Notifications
Clear all

transfer the cue points from pc to notebook

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello,

i used to use my controller on my desktop pc for recreational purposes and i have all the settings about the songs there (bpm, cue points, comments etc.). now i have an offer from a local club to play my set there and i will use my laptop.

does anyone know how i can have all the settings about my songs copied from my pc to my laptop so i wont have to analyze them and setting all the cue points thus saving a lot of time?

thanks,
paul baxis & kastell 

Hello,

With Djuced 40 on both computers, I think the simplest would be to :
1- place all your audio files in the same folder & subfolders on your desktop and laptop computer (if you use an external drive, try to get the same drive unit letter on both computers)
2- copy the file Djuced.db from your desktop PC (file located on C:\Users\YourName\Documents\DJUCED 40) on a USB key, and give it another name (for example DjucedDesktop.db), and copy this file on your laptop folder C:\Users\YourName\Documents\DJUCED 40,
3- On your laptop, run Djuced 40 > click on the Library icon (left down of library folder area) > select "Import Library" > go to C:\Users\YourName\Documents\DJUCED 40 and open DjucedDesktop.db,
4- The DjucedDesktop.db library is merged to the laptop Djuced.db library.
5- click on the Library icon, select "Check Library":  if the checking detects some missing tracks, click on Relocate, and show to Djuced the folder where you have placed your tracks,
6- At the end of the process, when all tracks are analyzed, when you have found or removed the missing tracks, click on Back on Djuced 40.

Topic starter

Hello,

I followed all your steps precisely but it didn't work. I lost my Cue Points.
Any ides on how to fix that?

Thanks,
Paul Baxis & Kastell 

Hello,

The process merges 2 audio libraries, the one already in your laptop and the one imported from the desktop to the laptop.
1) Can you make sure you do not see twice in the library the same audio track : once without the cue points, once with the cue points?
2) Please confirm you use Djuced 40 3.1.2
3) If it does not work, please accept the invitation I have sent you here, and post me a message on the private messaging area where you mention the issue you meet and post the address where you have posted , for example on wetransfer, the Djuced.db file from your desktop and an audio file coming from your desktop which has cue points on the desktop and which, once copied on your laptop, loses its cue points.

I also suggest to post this discussion on Djuced.com forum as it is specificall a Djuced question.