help please!! hercu...

Notifications
Clear all

help please!! hercules mp3 controller + traktor 3

15 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi, i have recently purchased the hercules dj mp3 controller and have tried configuring it with traktor 3.  traktor is recognising the controller in midi interfaces and i have downloaded the mappings from the hercules site for the midi controls...but traktor is not recognising anything when i move cross fader etc on the midi.  what can i do to make this work??

thanks guys 

6 Answers
Topic starter

Hello stua12t,

To use your DJ Control MP3 in Traktor 3 proceed as following:

1/ Open the "Preferences" dialog box and go in the "MIDI Interfaces" section

2/ Select the "Hercules DJ Control MP3 MIDI" as MIDI In. (The controler is selected when a cross is present in the "Active" part

3/ Go in the "MIDI Setup" section and click on "Load", then browse and selct the  "T3_CTRL_MP3.tks" file and click on "Open".  Then click on "Apply" to activte the MIDI configuration file and click on "OK" to close the Preferences dialog box.

Now you DJ Control MP3 should be able to interact with Traktor 3.

For any doubts on this procedure please refer to the following pdf help file:

6 Answers
Topic starter

I have done exactly this but traktor is still not doing anything when i move the knobs on my controller except for the toggle in the middle which moves the mouse

6 Answers

Make sure your COntrol MP3 is installed correctly, otherwise it will not work as a MIDI controller.

6 Answers

Hello stua12t,

If your DJ Control MP3 is not working in VirtualDJ DJC 3, then your DJ Control MP3 is not properly installed, but I have also duplicated your problem once (DJ Control MP3 running perfectly in VirtualDJ but MIDI function off, and no control on Traktor, and I had stopped DJ Control MP3 installation before it was over, and DJ Control MP3 MIDI driver was not well installed).

The solution I found efficient was:

1) Run the DJ Control MP3 installation with the last driver package: it uninstalled the drivers previously installed

2) Then I didn't re-run immediately the DJ Control installation program as requested.

3) I deleted the contents of the directory C:\Program Files\Hercules\Audio\DJ Console Series

4) I then deleted the files starting with HDJ in the directory C:\WINDOWS\system32 
(files HDJAPI.dll, HDJAsioCpl.dll, HDJAsiou.dll, hdjcprop.dll, HDJSAPI.dll, HDJSeries.cpl)
You may have less files than this, since I have all several models of Hercules DJ controllers.

5) I then deleted the files starting with HDJ in the directory C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
(files HDJAsioK.sys, HDJBulk.sys, HDJCtrl.sys, HDJMidi.sys)
You may have less files than this, since I have all several models of Hercules DJ controllers.

6) And then re-run the DJ Control MP3 installation software.
7) Afterwards, the DJ Control MP3 could command Traktor.

6 Answers
Topic starter

Hello! Help me  please!  I have got a Herkules Dj Mp3, but my flashing is not funkcion...Send me somebody one pdf. book.This help me4 Thank very! Hey

My email adress: XXXXXXXXXXXX  (Edited by moderator)

*PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ADRESS ON THE FORUM , AS YOU ARE EXPOSING YOURSELF TO SPAM

6 Answers

The DJ Control MP3 doesn't contain a fimrware that can be reprogrammed.

What seems to be your problem exactly ?  

6 Answers
Topic starter

Dear Phat one 

I have a problem afterall, i have hercules dj control mpr e2 not one, any patches for it to work with traktor 3.3.2.60

regards 

6 Answers
Topic starter

Hello stua12t,

To use your DJ Control MP3 in Traktor 3 proceed as following:

1/ Open the "Preferences" dialog box and go in the "MIDI Interfaces" section

2/ Select the "Hercules DJ Control MP3 MIDI" as MIDI In. (The controler is selected when a cross is present in the "Active" part

3/ Go in the "MIDI Setup" section and click on "Load", then browse and selct the  "T3_CTRL_MP3.tks" file and click on "Open".  Then click on "Apply" to activte the MIDI configuration file and click on "OK" to close the Preferences dialog box.

Now you DJ Control MP3 should be able to interact with Traktor 3.

For any doubts on this procedure please refer to the following pdf help file:

I followed the following steps but the file T3_CTRL_MP3.tks is not there hence cant load it can some one please help me out 
(im trying to connect Hercules mp3 e2 to Traktor 3.2.2)

Thanx 

6 Answers

No MIDI profiles for the DJ Control MP3 e2 to work with TRaktor DJ Studio 3 are available on the Hercules support site. Since the MP3 e2 is a fairly recent controller, only the most recent versions of Traktor (Pro/Duo and Pro 2/Duo 2) are supported.

You will to create your own profile. The user Traktor manual as well as the following video will give you basic instructions on how to go about creating your own mapping.

6 Answers
Topic starter

hello stua12t,

to use your dj control mp3 in traktor 3 proceed as following:

1/ open the "preferences" dialog box and go in the "midi interfaces" section

2/ select the "hercules dj control mp3 midi" as midi in. (the controler is selected when a cross is present in the "active" part

3/ go in the "midi setup" section and click on "load", then browse and selct the  "t3_ctrl_mp3.tks" file and click on "open".  then click on "apply" to activte the midi configuration file and click on "ok" to close the preferences dialog box.

now you dj control mp3 should be able to interact with traktor 3.

for any doubts on this procedure please refer to the following pdf help file:

Topic starter

i have done exactly this but traktor is still not doing anything when i move the knobs on my controller except for the toggle in the middle which moves the mouse

Topic starter

make sure your control mp3 is installed correctly, otherwise it will not work as a midi controller.

Topic starter

hello stua12t,

if your dj control mp3 is not working in virtualdj djc 3, then your dj control mp3 is not properly installed, but i have also duplicated your problem once (dj control mp3 running perfectly in virtualdj but midi function off, and no control on traktor, and i had stopped dj control mp3 installation before it was over, and dj control mp3 midi driver was not well installed).

the solution i found efficient was:

1) run the dj control mp3 installation with the last driver package: it uninstalled the drivers previously installed

2) then i didnt re-run immediately the dj control installation program as requested.

3) i deleted the contents of the directory c:program filesherculesaudiodj console series

4) i then deleted the files starting with hdj in the directory c:windowssystem32 
(files hdjapi.dll, hdjasiocpl.dll, hdjasiou.dll, hdjcprop.dll, hdjsapi.dll, hdjseries.cpl)
you may have less files than this, since i have all several models of hercules dj controllers.

5) i then deleted the files starting with hdj in the directory c:windowssystem32drivers
(files hdjasiok.sys, hdjbulk.sys, hdjctrl.sys, hdjmidi.sys)
you may have less files than this, since i have all several models of hercules dj controllers.

6) and then re-run the dj control mp3 installation software.
7) afterwards, the dj control mp3 could command traktor.

Topic starter

hello! help me  please!  i have got a herkules dj mp3, but my flashing is not funkcion...send me somebody one pdf. book.this help me4 thank very! hey

my email adress: xxxxxxxxxxxx  (edited by moderator)

*please do not post your email adress on the forum , as you are exposing yourself to spam

Page 1 / 2