Notifications
Clear all

inpulse 500 - play button glitch?

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi all, hope youre well.

im completely new to djing but always wanted to try it out and went with the 500. really pleased so far and having fun.

there are some extreme basics that are probably very simple to explain, but arent immediately clear. like sometimes my cue button flashes, but sometimes not, and im not sure what the difference it.  

but the main thing ive noticed is that a couple of times, my play button just doesnt trigger the track. i have to move a jog wheel a bit, and then the play button will work.

again, even the most extreme basics are new to me at the moment, but this seems strange.

any ideas / advice?

cheers 

Hello Gelber22,

Welcome to the forum.

Considering in computer DJing most of the settings depends on the computer, it would be useful if you could complete your profile with technical information on your device in My Space > My Profile

- in "Hercules Equipment In Use", select DJControl Inpulse 500
- in "Software In Use", check the name(s) of your DJ software, Djuced or Serato or another one
- in "Describe your equipment", describe your computer
  • brand and model
  • CPU
  • RAM
  • Type of USB port
  • Environment (Eg. Window 10 64-bit)
  • version of DJ software (Eg. Djuced 5.1.2)
  • version of DJ driver (Eg. 2020_HDJS_1)
1) Cue button blinking
Cue button blinking means "track loaded but not playing", to see instantly which deck is playing and which deck is not playing.

2) Having to move the jog wheel to start the playback 
Please check if it still occurs if you unplug and replug DJControl Inpulse 500 USB cable before using it.
If the DJ controller remains continuously powered by the computer USB port, on some computers the capacitive detection of the jog wheels is disturbed and the solution is to unplug/replug the DJ controller before using it, which reset the jog wheel detecion. 

Topic starter

Thanks for the welcome and the reply.

I'm running the latest version of DJUCED.

Its weird - the issue has become noticeable as I'm practicing backspin timing. Sometimes when I backspin out of a tune, once I remove my hand from the jogwheel, the tune will keep runnning. But other times, the tune will be stopped. Even when I hit play again, it won't restart.

The only thing that gets the song going again, is by nudging the jogwheel forward.

Is that normal? I understand that a backspin is primarily a way out of a tune, but feels weird that it does this intermittently. And I'm not sure why, and if it something I should be aware of for technique - or whether its a technical problem!

Thanks again 

Topic starter

Forgot to mention, unplugging the controller did reset it, but not a very good option if you're actually playing a set!

Hello Gelber22,

Thanks for your answer.

I do not mean you should  unplug/replug the DJ controller during a DJ session, what I mean is, if the controller is constantly connected to a USB port, you should unplug/replug the controller once before the DJing session.
Let me know if it solves your problem. 

Topic starter

Yep, absolutely.

Sorry if I'm not being clear, or am missing something, but is it normal that sometimes when I backspin a platter, sometimes when I let go the tune resumes playing, and other times when I let go the tune is stopped and will not restart unless I jog the platter forward?

Cheers 

Hello,

No, it is not normal that sometimes when you backspin a platter sometimes the song remains paused after removing your hands from the platter, but as touch detection operates by grounding the platter (putting it on electric ground level) it occurs if the USB controller is not grounded
- because of a power leak on the USB port, or because the USB port becomes a USB charger when the computer is off,
- because the computer is not grounded (as it operates on batteries for example), or if it is connected to a non grounded electric supply,
or if the user is not grounded
- because (s)he is on a chair with no foot on the ground,
- because (s)he wears isolating shoes,
- because (s)he is on an isolating carpet....
then the capacitive detection cannot work properly.

that is why I ask you to unplug/replug the controller if its power ground is disturbed by a USB power leak.

I have met twice this issue:
- on a music show (probably Frankfurt Musik Messe), a booth had an isolating carpet,
- in a concert stage, the stage was completely isolated, so the computer touchpad stopped working unless I put the other hand on the back of the active speakers.

Topic starter

Thanks again for the reply.

So are you saying that when the track pauses, its because the platter thinks that my hand is still on it, even though I've let it go? 

If this is the case, it seems very strange that it happens intermittently. If it wasn't grounded, it would never work.

I'll give it a test over the weekend in another room and see what happens.

If the problem continues, what do you recommend? It seems like there could be circumstances where it would be a problem.